Regional Finance Specialist
Jobs at:Danish Refugee Council
Deadline of this Job:
31 December 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, December 13, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Overall purpose of the role
Under the supervision of the Regional Finance Manager (RFM), the Finance Specialist supports in implementing regional financial strategies to ensure smooth and orderly preparation of plan, budgets accounting, audits and financial reporting.This role has a country focus and is responsible for providing specialized knowledge and operational know-how on financial matters.
Accounting / Finance
• Minimize financial risks by ensuring that DRC financial policies and procedures as set in Operations Handbook and any other CO/RO/HQ instructions are strictly adhered to through predefined effective internal control system.
• Check on the completeness, accuracy, and validity of information in financial documents
• Serve as the focal point for project specific external audits and follow up in coordination with the Finance Manager.
• Ensure all required documentation for financial audits in cooperation with coordination staff and HQ.
• Support in the implementation of recommendations raised through internal & external audits, compliance audits etc
• Ensure compliance with relevant country statutory and other financial obligations such as tax, levies and statutory returns.
• Review Monthly Resource Scheduling, monthly payrolls and allocations
• Coordinate with the Regional finance team to ensure adequate liquidity request and prompt submission of funding requests
• Ensure on-time creation of project set-up in the DRC ERP System called Dynamics, budget forecast, and/or budget modification.
• Ensure all required documentation for financial audits in cooperation with Coordination staff and HQ is available.
• Review and monitor completion of month end tasks. Follow up and monitor monthly reconciliation overviews of balance sheet items.
• Responsible for regular quality check of payment requests/ financial documents prior to payment and providing colleagues with clear feedback / guidance on improvement of systems.
• Monitor use of internal controls and provide guidance to strengthen them, validate and review compliance self-checks and follow up on action plans.
Budgeting and Reporting
• Contribute to the development of proposals budgets in cooperation with Program managers
• Support timely delivery of quality financial reports to donors and internal reports to colleagues and HQ.
• Ensure thorough and effective budgetary control in the regional programs including MMC and ReDDS
• Ensure financial briefings to relevant project manager including budget follow ups, variances in spending and budget monitoring status.
• Liaise with relevant managers on key financial issues for all programs in the RO operations, including co-funding, financial reporting, key variances, and any remedial action.
• Support development of annual budgets for the Regional and Country offices
• Participate in Monthly BFU/TDL reviews & monitor actual spending and advice Program teams
• Support timely delivery of quality financial reports to donors and internal reports to area and Country.
• Preparation of Interim/final donor reports for regional projects including MMC and ReDDS
• Maintain a continuous overview of regional funding levels to ensure appropriate coverage
• Work closely with the Implementing Partners and program platforms to improve and maintain financial management policies, systems, structures, and procedures in line with requirement of DRC and donor.
• Proactively identify and act upon capacity building needs of non-finance staff providing training and other capacity-building where necessary to ensure that non-finance staff capacity is continuously developing.
• Conduct training for Budget Holders, guiding them through Budgeting, donor compliance and compliance to DRC handbook.
Qualifications and Experience
• University degree in Finance/Accounting/Commerce/Business Administration
• At least three year’s work experience in field of financial management/accounting/book keeping in an NGO or the commercial sector.
• Proven experience in managing large budgets
• Proven experience in working with national partners, local/government authorities
• Hands-on experience/skills in MS Excel (experience in working with formulas).
• Working experience in preparation of Donor reporting for Danida/SIDA/USAID/EU/UN guidelines will be an advantage.
• Ability to prepare basic training modules on accounting management and conduct on the job trainings.
• Ability to prepare donor budgets will be an advantage.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Go to Danish Refugee Council on candidate.hr-manager.net to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.