Regional Head of Finance
Jobs at:Norwegian Refugee Council
Deadline of this Job:
08 August 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 19, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Financial Leadership and Management :
• Contribute to the development of the multi-year strategic and financial plans and being accountable for ensuring and monitoring delivery against the financial plans through targeted financial analytical review and high accuracy in forecasts.
• Manage the regional office budget, providing accounting, payroll, grant management and financial management support to the regional team.
• Ensure that cost recoveries from country offices and hosting fees are secured and booked on monthly basis.
• Ensure integrity of the accounts of the countries within the region. Make sure that main policies and procedures are well understood; accountability is clear, balance sheet accounts are reconciled on monthly basis and deadlines for monthly closure are respected.
• Internal control - ensuring that funds are used as intended. Accountable for control of assets and liabilities, ensuring costs are accurately charged against budgets
• Provide decision support to the Regional Director and Regional Management Team based on accurate financial analysis: Forecasts, Spending rates, Master budget monitoring, audit findings etc...
• Champion of cost effectiveness in general ensuring that countries and regions are operating with a sustainable cost base.
• Contribute to development and implementation of global finance strategy. Helping develop the overall functional strategy for NRC, lead or participate in specific initiatives on behalf of the whole organisation and drive implementation of agreed strategies within the region and the organization as a whole
Staff development and mentorship:
• Ensure Country Finance Managers s and regional finance staff have the right finance skills and experience to carry out their roles.
• Manage the regional finance team, defining expectations, providing leadership and technical support as needed, and evaluating direct reports regularly.
• Be responsible for the recruitment and training of staff as appropriate and ensuring availability of appropriate professional development opportunities for staff.
• Manage the performance of all staff in the regional finance unit through staff development and performance management systems. Establishing results-based system and follow up.
General Professional Competencies
• 5 or more years in senior level of financial leadership, management and oversight experience in a large international NGO or organisation (preferably the humanitarian field)
• Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts, in order to develop a understanding of the particular demands facing accounting and financial management within an international context
• Relevant qualifications (Eg Accountancy, MBA)
• Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
• Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Job application procedure
• Interested and qualified? Go to Norwegian Refugee Council on ekum.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.