Regional Head of HR, Africa
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, May 10 2023
Date Posted:Wednesday, May 10 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Regional Head of HR, Africa, at BRAC International is a new role designed to give greater support to Country Offices’ HR Functions across a number of HR critical areas. Working closely with the HR Team at the Head Office (with dotted line reporting responsibilities), and along with the Regional Director, and Deputy Regional Director, this role has a majority Country-facing remit with some oversight responsibilities at the Regional Office. The role reports to the Deputy Regional Director, Africa.
Key to the role will be the support provided to both the Country Offices across all aspects of HR; ensuring policies are formulated and adhered to, support to recruitment of key staff in the Country Office Teams, and building a OneBRAC culture. The role has broad oversight of administration of the Regional Office, in close collaboration with direct reports.
1. Contribute in the development and driving of BI HR Strategy in the Africa region;
2. Run the process to assist Country Offices in the contextualisation of HR policy in line with national law, roll-out, and adherence with sign-off from BI Head Office;
3. Work with Country Office Senior Leadership to contextualise office structure and organograms to ensure fit for purpose staffing across all units to achieve results;
4. Support recruitment processes in-country for staff below Head of/Deputy, ensuring HR recruitment policy is followed and the right staff in place to deliver across signed-off structures;
5. Play a liaison role with BI Head Office HR team in the recruitment of Country Directors and Deputy Country Director/Head of as well as supporting induction and onboarding of those staff;
6. Play a lead role in the grievance and disciplinary processes for staff below Head/Deputy, ensuring processes are followed as per policy;
7. Assist in the roll-out of a new salary scale for Country Offices, and any subsequent reviews that take place;
8. Ensure Performance Management processes are being implemented in Country Offices including for CD and DCD/Head of Programme;
9. Assist in the development of security guidance and policy, including management of live safety and security issues;
10. Work with the HR Head Office Team to roll out talent management process in the Africa region;
11. Work with Country Office Teams to drive a OneBRAC culture across all teams:
12. Support the transition to a digital HR system working in collaboration with BI HR Head Office staff;
13. Training and support to Country Offices in all HR-related issues.
Regional Office HR
1. Provide support and guidance to the HR Operations Manager in managing HR processes in the Regional Office in line with policy;
2. Working with the HR Operations Manager, ensure the Regional Office is fully staffed in line with signed-off Regional Structure;
3. Work with the Deputy Regional Director, Regional Director, the HR Operations Manager, as well as HR staff across other units based in the Regional Office to help drive a one BRAC culture and team.
1. Provide support and guidance to the Office Manager in managing Office Administration for the Regional Office;
2. Work with the Executive Assistant (EA), Regional Director and Deputy Regional Director to manage strategic projects for the Regional Office
3. Ensure EA duties are being performed to the required standard for Regional Director and Deputy Regional Director
Security and Safeguarding
1. Assist in the development of security guidance and policy, including management of live safety and security issues;
2. Training and support to Country Offices in Security policy and processes;
3. Responsible to ensure team members are appropriately trained, supported and have access to resources regarding issues that are identified and actioned in accordance with the safeguarding policy and procedure;
4. Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure if any reportable incident occurs, and encourage others to do so.
At least Bachelor degree, preferably in Human Resources Management
1. Excellent knowledge of employment regulations and best HR practices;
2. The ability to develop and nurture relationships;
3. Excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, approachable manner;
4. The ability to analyse and review HR data to identify trends.
5. Excellent judgment, sensitivity, and integrity;
6. Flexibility to travel globally and work in different time zones as needed;
7. Competent in working in a multicultural environment, working effectively with senior management teams;
8. Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
9. Proficiency in MS Office applications.
1. Minimum 10 years of experience in the HR function, including at least 5 years of experience in the international development sector, is required;
2. Experience in the areas of leadership and people management, strategy development and delivery;
3. Experience/ Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including talent management, performance management, talent acquisition, compensation practices, organisational diagnosis,
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
External candidates need to email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades, years of experience, current and expected salary at email@example.com.
Please mention the name of the position and AD# BI 24/23 in the subject bar. Only complete applications will be accepted and short listed candidates will be contacted. Application deadline: 10 May 2023
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.