Regional Manager, Accounting & Finance, Africa & Europe
Jobs at:International Justice Mission (IJM)
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, April 28 2023
Date Posted:Friday, April 28 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Ensure timely processing of transactions and the timely review and upload of field office financial transactions for the global monthly close.
• Equip the Regional Accounting Services and other field office finance teams by providing technical accounting guidance, training, tools, and templates that enable them to utilize IJM’s financial policies and procedures to account for and produce reliable financial data and reports.
• Ensure ERP systems used by the region are properly configured to meet the accounting and financial management needs of the region.
• Support the management of restricted awards for compliance with donor regulations and the accurate accounting and timely reporting to IJM managers and donors.
• Ensure books of accounts and schedules to ledger accounts are properly and timely reconciled to support IJM’s annual audits.
• Advanced Accounting/Finance degree or CPA preferred.
• At least five years’ experience as an accountant, auditor, or similar position; of which three years is in the international not-for-profit environment;
• At least 2 years of supervisory experience preferred;
• Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), an understanding of general journal entries and foreign currency exchange and translation;
• Knowledge and experience with US government grant making rules (2 CFR 200) and other private and international institutions awards;
• Experience and mid to advanced-level competency with Microsoft Excel and/or other similar software packages;
• Experience with electronic financial and accounting systems (Experience using Workday and QuickBooks preferred);
• Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with people from diverse cultures and disciplines;
• Capacity to accurately and objectively evaluate the effectiveness and outcomes of strategies and activities and implement appropriate adjustments;
• Experience in training individuals and small groups;
• Ability to remain winsome, professional, loving and engaged in professional disagreement or conflict;
• Ability to maintain the posture of a servant, ensuring that our customers succeed; and
• Ability to travel internnaatiolly, particularly to low-resource settings.
• Mature Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
• Self-starter with strong initiative;
• Disciplined with priorities;
• Strong interpersonal skills and self-awareness;
• Exceptional verbal and written communication;
• Flexible, collaborative and eager to support others;
• Effective team player who fosters collaborative environment; and
• Adept at creative problem solving.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.