Regional Network Coordination Officer
Deadline of this Job:
23 June 2022
Date Posted: Monday, June 13, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Duties and Responsibilities
Scope of Work
• CBi consists of a Secretariat based in Geneva, Switzerland and Istanbul, Turkey, plus thirteen affiliated Member Networks around the world. The Regional Network Coordination Officer – sub-Saharan Africa plays a critical role supporting and building the capacity of existing CBi Member Networks while working to establish relationships with new prospective Member Networks.
• Under the overall supervision of the CBi Network Coordination Specialist, based in Istanbul, Turkey, the Regional Network Coordination Officer – sub-Saharan Africa will be responsible for: Development, planning, and implementation of national and regional projects to support private sector engagement in disaster management:
• Work closely with the CBi Network Coordination Specialist and focal points from CBi Member Networks in the sub-Saharan Africa region to develop and delivering national and regional solutions, programmes and workplans for local CBi Member Networks on private sector engagement in disaster risk management and humanitarian response.
• Identify learning needs and solutions, and plan and implement capacity development activities for existing and prospective CBi Member Networks in the sub-Saharan Africa region.
• Collect and consolidate relevant information on local private sector engagement in disaster risk reduction, crisis preparedness and response, and early recovery at country and regional levels.
• Coordinate landscape assessment and scoping activities to identify and/or partner with prospective Member Networks and other private sector partners in the sub-Saharan Africa region.
• Development of national and regional partnerships and external advocacy:
• Coordinate and work with UNDP and OCHA regional bureaux and country offices, government counterparts, international organizations, and other partners in the sub-Saharan Africa region on private sector engagement.
• Identify specific needs for private sector engagement in disaster risk reduction, crisis preparedness and response, and early recovery, and support partnerships at the national and regional levels to address those needs.
• Coordinate advocacy efforts for private sector engagement in disaster risk management and humanitarian programming.
• Strategy development and operational support:
• Coordinate knowledge development and management efforts through the development of case studies and collection and sharing of information on good practices.
• Ensure documentation and timely monitoring, evaluation and reporting of all CBi-related activities implemented by existing and prospective CBi Member Networks in the sub-Saharan Africa region.
• Support the CBi Secretariat and contribute to the periodic progress reporting requirement
Required Skills and Experience
Minimum academic education
• A Master’s degree in business, political or social sciences, development studies or other related field of studies.
Minimum years of relevant work experience
• At least 5 years of professional work experience in disaster risk reduction / disaster management, preferably in sub-Saharan Africa.
Required skills and competencies
• Technical knowledge of disaster risk reduction / disaster management.
• Experience writing briefings, reports, policies, and guidance notes.
• Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills.
Desired additional skills and competencies
• A Master’s degree in disaster risk management, disaster risk reduction, emergency management, or other related field of studies or certified training related to disaster risk reduction / disaster management will be considered an advantage.
• Previous experience with the United Nations is highly desirable.
• Previous experience with the private sector and/or supporting engagement between the UN and the private sector is highly desirable.
• Previous work experience in crisis or post-crisis countries is an asset.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Follow the link to apply https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=107177
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.