Relationship Officers - Operations & Customer Service
Jobs at:SMEP Microfinance Bank
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, April 28 2023
Date Posted:Friday, April 28 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The job holder will be responsible for processing customer instructions relating to Cash, Cheque and Digital Banking Channels transactions, growth of Non-funded income and ensuring compliance to Operational processes and procedures. They will also champion the delivery of excellent customer experience within the unit.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Actively drive growth in customer numbers and ensure full adherence to the customer on-boarding Policies and Procedures.
2. Cash handling & cheque processing and ensuring accurate update of the various transactions on the T24 core banking system.
3. Ensuring sufficient controls in cash management both for the tills and vault as well as transactions processing.
4. Ensure that all items cashed are within laid-down limits and refer all transactions exceeding limits to the appropriate area for authorization.
5. Adequate cash stock management with buying and selling from the vault as appropriate.
6. Ensure strong adherence to anti money laundering (AML) and know your customer (KYC) policy guidelines.
7. Compliance to policies, procedures and regulations ensuring that all processed performed are within the banks policies and procedures.
8. Analyze and reconcile daily transactions (360 degrees view) ensuring exceptions are addressed.
9. Ensure maintenance of proper records and control of all relevant registers and files
10. To identify and report suspicious transactions to the AML Officer on a timely basis.
11. Drive account utilization and uptake of banks products through cross selling. Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction that grows the business through referrals and repeat business.
12. Handle with accuracy both incoming and outgoing customer telephone correspondence.
13. Support in rollout and grow utilization of the digital banking channels.
14. Maintain SLA in processing customers’ instructions relating to all banks processes.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
1. A minimum grade of C+ (plus) in KCSE
2. An undergraduate Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Business related courses from a recognized institution.
3. Knowledge in Relationship Management, Project Management, Process Reengineering, Digital Channels Management as well as relevant experience in the Banking sector will be an added advantage.
4. Good customer service skills
5. Proficiency in ICT with good data entry skills is mandatory .
6. Ability to analyze and interpret both customers’ and financial statements.
7. Clear understanding of microfinance/banking industry is an added advantage.
8. Possess good risk management skills.
9. Good interpersonal & communication skills with excellent customer service skills.
10. A team player with the drive to improve performance.
11. Self-driven and possess the ability to work with minimum supervision.
12. Ability to work independently under minimum supervision.
13. Strong Christian values, commitment, and passion for the transformation of the population.
14. Aged between 24 and 30 years
Job Experience:No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Method of Application
The full job profile is also on the website and qualified and interested candidates who meet the criteria should download the “Job Application Form”, and send their filled applications to firstname.lastname@example.org , on or before Friday 28th April, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.