Research Assistant, Kavi-Institute of Clinical Research
Jobs at:University of Nairobi
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, June 14 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, June 01 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Purpose of the Position
• The Research Assistant will offer postnatal support for parents, families and communities after stillbirth or neonatal death. This will include a range of activities such as gaining ethical approvals, recruitment and data collection, contributing to data analysis, data management, providing progress reports and liaising with stakeholders, Community Engagement and Involvement (CEI) groups and the wider team.
Duties and responsibilities
• To support the development, submission and approval of research protocols.
• To carry out recruitment of participants, collect, manage and contribute to analysis of data.
• To contribute to monitoring and evaluation activities.
• To assist in the co-ordination of local meetings
• To manage research and administrative activities in line with project activities.
• Degree or Diploma in Nursing or related field
• At least 3 years working experience in clinical trials preferably working with fistula patients and Lugina Africa Midwives Research Network (LAMRN)
• Must have a valid GCP/ICH Training
• Registered Midwife, Nurse or Allied Health professional will be added advantage
• Experience, Knowledge and Competencies in the following areas: participatory research approaches, qualitative methods and analysis, working in maternity care (recent), Familiarity with data collection software; such as RedCap engagement with CEI groups, regional approaches to healthcare and publications and other dissemination activities
• Terms of Appointment This a one (1) year full time contract renewable based on performance and by mutual consent.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.