Result Based Project Management Capacity Development
Jobs at:Vi Agroforestry
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, June 30 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 14 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The consultant is expected to deliver the following:
• Assessment report of Vi Agroforestry’s current project management practices with areas of improvement towards result-based project management identified.
• A report on the customized result-based project management training.
• A proposal on how Vi Agroforestry can improve on the planning, monitoring, evaluation, and learning (PMERL) framework.
• Guide lines proposal on how to effectively manage risks - project risks, stakeholders, and resources (including financial).
• Guidelines proposal on effective spot checks routines including at implementing partners level to ensure compliance of conditions.
• A final report summarizing the consultant's findings, recommendations, and key outcomes of the engagement.
The consultant deliverables are expected to be finalised in not more than a period of 3 months, consisting of 20- 25 working days, with the following milestones:
Assess Vi Agroforestry’s existing project management practices and develop a customized training program. Engagement with Vi Agroforestry during the assessment of current practices and design of the customized training.
Deliver the training program to Vi Agroforestry’s staff. During the training, engage staff on considerations to factor in development guidelines (4 and 5 above) and design of the PMERL (3 above) framework proposal.
Deliver a PMERL framework proposal, guidelines (deliverables 4 and 5) and final report.
The consultant should have the following qualifications:
• Demonstrated expertise in result-based project management; and Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (PMERL) in non-profit sector.
• Education: Post graduate degree in relevant field such as statistics, economics, social sciences, or development studies. Experience:
• A minimum of 10 years of experience in designing and implementing monitoring and evaluation frameworks for development programs, preferably in the non-profit sector. The cconsultant should also have experience in training and capacity building of M&E staff and program officers.
• Knowledge: The candidate should have a solid understanding of monitoring and evaluation concepts, tools, and methodologies. They should also be up to date with current trends and best practices in M&E in the non-profit sector.
• Communication Skills: The candidate should have excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and able to convey complex technical information to a non-technical audience. They should also have strong facilitation skills to lead workshops, training sessions, and other capacity-building activities.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Qualified consultants (or consultant teams) are invited to bid with technical and financial proposals including their timeline and budget. The proposals should also include. -
• Three references (with contact information) from previous clients
• Curriculum vitae (CV) of the consultant. The CV should include details on engagements carried out by the consultant, including ongoing assignments indicating responsibilities assumed, qualifications and experience in undertaking similar assignments. If you will be working as a team of consultants, include the CV for each team member.
• The period when the consultant (or consultant team) is available to undertake the assignment. Submission of bids Bids shall be sent to the following electronic mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (NB/MAIL SUBJECT HEADING: Result Based Project Management Capacity Development) The deadline of the submission is 30th June 2023
• For more information contact: Wangu Mutua: email@example.com
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.