Revenue Assurance, Analyst – Core Reporting
Jobs at:Safaricom Kenya
Deadline of this Job:
04 August 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Reporting to the Senior Manager - Business Assurance, the position holders overall purpose is to be a strategic revenue assurance partner, hands-on person responsible for the day-to-day revenue assurance functions, including end to end billing and rating validations, Data completeness & Integrity, Products assurance & Tribe support, and Revenue reporting & business performance metrics assurance.
• The role requires close working relationships with commercial Tribes, operations, technical and Finance departments across the organization.
Billing and rating validation
• End to end Network to bill CDR reconciliations (switch to billing) to ensure all billable events are billed
• Rating validations – all transactions for product subscriptions and usage are billed accurately. Ensuring all chargeable events records are generated & metered correctly
• Billing validations and verifications for post pay transactions - ensure postpaid transactions are billed at the end of every bill cycle
• Daily review of Adjustments in the billing system to ensure they are legitimate and fully approved
• Automation of revenue assurance and reporting controls to ensure efficiency and effectiveness
Data completeness & Integrity
• Data completeness and integrity checks – for all relevant and billing CDRs
• Partner with Business Units, Technology, and Finance to design, develop and implement best practices to minimize revenue leakage and develop appropriate controls to identify and mitigate such revenue leakage
Revenue reporting & business performance assurance
• Review of data from the various Finance systems, including Billing, Enterprise resource planning (ERP), Retail management system (POS), Voucher management systems, among others for accuracy and integrity.
• Daily subscription & usage Revenue reconciliations and validations to reported revenue in BI and ERP systems for accuracy and completeness of reported revenues, including compliance to IFRS (international Financial reporting standards)
• Daily, weekly and monthly revenue trend analysis and reporting to identify opportunities and areas for improvement
• Review revenue mapping across products and systems for integrity & accuracy
• Track, validate and report various revenue and subscriber KPI metrics
• Validation & reconciliation deferred resources between the IN and reported numbers in Finance & reporting Systems
Products assurance & Tribe support
• Participate in business process changes that may affect the company’s ability to identify, monitor or collect revenue (e.g., new system implementations/upgrades, new product roll outs, etc.).
• Carry out risk analysis, functional and billing test of all new products and services.
• A graduate with a degree in Business Management, Economics, Commerce, Engineering or IT.
• Professional certification in Auditing, accounting, risk management and information systems will be added advantage
• Ability to analyze significant amounts of data and information
• Have strong business acumen
• Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
Closing: 3rd August 2022
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree