Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, July 12 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 04 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Work closely with the Sales team to ensure that all revenue realized within the month is fully recognized in company financials for the period.
• Enhance accuracy in revenue recognition taking care of deferred revenue relating to advance billing or partially realized revenue from ongoing projects are booked as per accounting standards.
• Follow up of accrued revenue documentation for billing with Sales / Operations team within 60 days from accrual date
• Monitor revenue billing progress and weekly escalate adverse variance to respective service line head and line manager with specific areas of concerns to be addressed with timelines.
• Fast, accurate and timely billing data entry.
• Periodic validation of billing data and accounting for all variances noted on a monthly basis.
• Invoice creation of appropriate billing.
• Monitor revenue inflow progress and weekly escalate adverse variance to respective service
• line head and line manager with specific areas of concerns to be addressed within agreed timelines.
Customer Database Management
• Maintaining & updating customer's revenue data in ERP daily to enhance accuracy in revenue reporting and billing.
• Regularly updates customer details ( name,email, phone, vat exemption certificate ) as soon as notification documents are received.
Revenue Reports and Reconciliations
• Generation and circulation of sales reports daily/monthly.
• Performs a detailed reconciliation between service delivery and revenue recognition data in a prescribed format before release of monthly revenue report.
• Carry out monthly revenue reconciliation between GL & AR. Contract Management
• Monitor contract expiry dates and ensure that both customer and commercial team are notified in writing three months before expiry date.
• Work closely with the Commercial team to ensure that expiring contracts are renewed one
• month before expiry.
• Draft renewal contract documents in three months and engage both commercial team and customers for authorization.
• Daily electronic / physical filing of contracts and other billing documents under assigned portfolio and ensure that proper filing sequence is maintained.
Price Increase Implementation
• Ensure that customers price increases are implemented as per duly authorized price increase letters.
• Monitor and implement anniversary price increase as per contract on due date for the assigned portfolio.
• Validate e - invoices uploaded in invoice submission system with the generated ones from ERP for accuracy before release to customers.
• Timely submission of invoices to customers immediately they are generated.
• Address all queries raised by customers through invoices submission system within 48
• hours from receipt.
• Submission of monthly e – statements to customers immediately invoices are submitted.
Knowledge and Qualifications
• A degree in Mathematics / Statistics ), Accounting or Business Management.
• Revenue administration is advantageous
• Kenyan market
• Kenyan legislation
• One to two years in revenue related assignment
• Financial Acumen
• Conflict Management
• Microsoft Word – Intermediate level
• Microsoft Excel – Intermediate level (Advance level are advantageous)
• Microsoft PowerPoint – Basic level
• ERP system(s)
• Google suite of products
Deadline: 12th July 2023
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.