Revenue and Reservations Manager
Jobs at:Kempinski Hotels
Deadline of this Job:
01 August 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The incumbent in this position will be responsible for maximizing hotel revenue, profit and market share through development and implementation of successful inventory and pricing strategies, based on the evaluation of current and anticipated market conditions and is responsible for the efficient functioning of the Reservations department. He/She will also be responsible for developing the overall pricing strategy for all segments, feeder markets and distribution channels, in conjunction with Director of Sales and Marketing.
• Actively take part of the Room’s Annual Budget and Business Plan preparation and presentation
• Produce an accurate room Revenue forecast for the upcoming 12 months. Prepare the forecast at the day / segment level for upcoming 90 days.
• Hold a strong leadership role in the monthly Forecast Meeting
• Monitor and analyse Market conditions based on all available data source for both past and future.
• Monitor, analyse and comment on performance within the Market for current, past and future. Prepare month-end Comments, including Segmentation, Country statistics, Room Type optimization, upselling, Top producing account, GDS and website performance, STR performance.
Strategy Setting And Deployment
• Pro-actively identify need period and adapt Sales & Pricing strategy accordingly, share with GSO
• Set Rate structure, Demand Calendar and Upsell strategy
• Ensure all systems (PMS, RMS, CRS, 3rd Party Sites…) are all maintained in the most optimized manner for the full booking window in terms of content and data.
• Implement and effectively manage the sales and pricing strategy, in all distribution channels including but not limited to branded website, 3rd parties and the GDS.
• Safeguard Rate integrity
• Ensure property all reservation channels are returning the appropriate availability and rate for the upcoming 365 days.
• Manage inventory and oversell strategy
• Perform Group displacement analysis taking into consideration the overall Revenue and profit optimisation.
• Control block pickup and timely wash, especially during the peak season / high demand days
• Follow up on lost business and bring information about them to the knowledge of the department superiors.
• Perform account evaluation (Corporate / Wholesale) on a yearly basis
• Ensure all sellable contracted rates are loaded in all systems for ease of use by Reservations.
• Ensure all internal package breakdowns are loaded and in line with financial department.
• Ensure all cancellation and deposit policies are loaded in all systems according to strategy.
• Ensure Commission codes are correctly setup and commissions sent and followed up on a weekly basis as a minimum
Optimize Opportunities And Reduce Risk
• Ensure all day arrivals are fully confirmed and guaranteed as well as perfectly accurate (Price, Rate code, Segment, Source, Profiles, Billing instructions, Guests request and comments…)
• Check the reservations made the previous day.
• Check of arrival tomorrow and recheck of VIP Arrivals Today
• Check Deposit not received for arrival next week
• Control no show and late cancellation charges.
• Maintain all reservation standards.
• Keep department informed of all changes in systems or procedures.
• Ensure that the team is aware of the internal credit policy.
• Monitor reservation pick-up for the coming months – review data on an ongoing basis.
• Ensure Reservations Team is fully aware of all prices, promotions and packages available for each period within the available booking window.
• Ensure the system is setup in a way that displays the Rates to be proposed first, as well as all the relevant information on screen for reservation agents to be more efficient.
• Ensure Reservations Team has a perfect knowledge of the Rooms and Hotel Product as well as of the area and what is happening in town.
• Ensure Reservations Team is fully trained on Sales and Upselling techniques
• Maintain an internal upsell / cross sell programme for the Reservations department (benefits / team competition).
• Ensure offers are proactively followed up
• Ensure emails are being answered in a timely manner, as per Company Standard and on the approved templates.
• Ensure the necessary templates are available and reviewed on a regular basis. (ie: Serenata / NextGuest confirmation letters)
Communication, Culture And Development
• Provide Executive Committee with regular Revenue Management updates.
• Lead the Weekly Revenue Meeting; clearly communicate to hotel the strategic vision and objectives on how to drive revenue and improve performance. Ensure the strategy is fully supported by all department.
• Organise regular educational and information meetings on Systems, data entry standard, RM concepts and KPIs for Reservations, E-Commerce, Sales& Marketing, G&E Sales, Front-Desk.
• Ensure good contact and cordial working relationships with Competitor hotels, keep a close eye on market developments (renovation, special campaigns, theme events etc.) Share this information with colleagues.
• Stay up to date with system development, updates and enhancement as well as industry practises.
• Attend all webinar sessions organized by Regional Offices and Corporate Offices.
• Share Best practises and relevant Market Insights with Regional or Corporate Offices.
Data Quality & Compliance
• Ensure Kempinski Revenue Management & Reservations standards and initiatives are implemented and adhered to.
• Control Rate Report, Rate Override Report, Comp and House Rooms report and rebates on a daily basis. Spot check reservation made reports and calls.
• Ensure BI tool data is accurate
• Ensure all tasks covered in the Daily / Monthly / Yearly checklists are executed as per guidelines.
• Leadership & Team Management
• Ensure there is a fully trained backup person for each of the tasks described in the checklist for Business continuity plan.
• Recruit, train and manage performance of direct reports.
• Set goals, mentor and motivate the team. Conduct regular performance evaluation.
• Assist in developing a career path for direct reports.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by management.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
• Minimum of a Bachelors Degree in any related field.
• Previous experience in luxury hotels is required.
• 10 years experience in in revenue management including electronic distribution with 5 years experience in an equivalent position.
• A proven track record of increasing revenue streams or strengthening the performance of a property
• Experience with data analysis, including E-Commerce KPIs
• Opera PMS,Opera Central Systems / SynXis and Channel Manager
• RMS knowledge, preferably with IDeaS or EZRMS
• Good keyboard skills and proven working knowledge of Microsoft Office including PowerPoint
• Excel advanced skills
• Must have commercial and financial acument
• Ability to remain calm and composed under pressure.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.