Jobs at:Tower Savings and Credit Co-operative Society Limited
Deadline of this Job:
15 September 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, September 01, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Risk Officer
Job Reference TSCCS:R.O.6/2022
Department: RISK AND COMPLIANCE
Reporting to: C.E.O.
Location HEAD OFFICE
The Risk Officer will be responsible for establishing and implementing an appropriate
Operational & Compliance Risk Management framework in line with the Society’s Strategic Plan, the Risk Management Policy, established SACCO By- laws and regulations and best financial service industry practices.
The Risk Officer who is a business supportive and risk disciplined individual is expected to provide oversight to the enterprise-wide risk management (ERM) strategy and framework that effectively translates the risk appetite framework into informed decision-making practices that support Tower SACCO’s unique business model and strategic plan.
• Develop and implement a risk management strategy and monitor implementation of the SACCO’s strategic plan to prevent, eliminate and mitigate operational risks.
• Identify emerging risks that present new regulatory, fraud, or money laundering risks. Such include risks associated with new products and services, customer types, geographies, and channels.
• Participate in development and Implementation of a Risk Monitoring and Reporting Framework
• Provide assistance in developing and updating policies and procedures by enforcing document standards.
• Ensure that relevant Business policies are effectively embedded within business units.
• Develop training programs and conduct training on developments in the legal and regulatory framework.
• Ensure customer portfolio is effectively risk rated and the AML or general compliance Monitoring activity is in line with the risk
• Transaction and customer screening for Anti-Money Laundering through daily reports and system generated alerts and subsequently close on all alerts generated with the assistance of AML Analysts.
• Maintain a risk register based on the identified applicable laws and regulations, fraud schemes, and Proceeds of Crime Act and Anti Money Laundering considerations.
• Liaise with the SACCO’s partners and counter parties in relation to all AML & KYC matters and questionnaires
• Liaise with FRC on daily cash transaction returns, suspicious transactions, and carry out quarterly returns.
• Review the SACCO’s operations to ensure they meet all regulatory requirements set under the SASRA.
• Review satellites, Branches and head office departments’ operational, regulatory, credit risk and compliance risks.
• Conduct risk assessment for proposed and existing units.
• Track the progress of remediation of control weaknesses identified by Internal Audit, selftesting, or controls assessment.
• Any other duty that may be assigned by the C.E.O.
1) A financial services background with compliance and risk management as a central component of your previous role.
2) High analytical and problem-solving skills to be able to challenge status quo based on qualitative facts.
3) Knowledge of the risk and governance standards such as COSO framework, Basel Corporate Governance Principles and SASRA Risk Management for SACCOs.
4) A track record of delivering on targets and objectives within regulatory and non-regulatory deadlines.
5) Strong analytical, communication and reporting skills.
6) Training delivery experience.
7) A proven ability to work on own initiative.
8) High ethical standards, integrity, and professionalism.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Business related courses, Computer Science and ICT or related field from a recognized University.
• Possession of professional qualification such as CPA, ACCA, CISA, FRM CEH, CISSP, CRISC, CISA, CISM or other risk related field. Certification in ICT Security, Audit and Risk Management and or other relevant training shall be an added advantage.
• A minimum of four (4) years working experience in an audit firm or a financial institution especially in Banking Operations, Audit, Risk Management and/or Compliance practices.
• Comprehensive knowledge of ERM concepts, operations, and ICT risk management concepts.
• Be between 30-40 years old
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and they will be required to provide the following upon being successful;
1) Clearance certificate from the Ethics & anti-corruption commission (EACC)
2) Tax compliance certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
3) A valid certificate of good conduct
4) Clearance certificate from the Higher Education Loans board (HELB)
5) Clearance certificate from the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.