Risk and Compliance Officer
Jobs at:Jubilee Insurance
Deadline of this Job:
11 May 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, May 05, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Risk and Compliance Officer (Re-Advertised)
The Risk and Compliance Officer will be accountable for compliance for Jubilee Financial Services and support services on all levels across board to all internal and external clients, as wells external regulations, acts and laws applicable to the financial services industry.
1. Ensures applicable regulation is complied with by the business lines and support functions through day-to-day monitoring and regular review of compliance to legislation, regulations and internal policies and controls.
2. Ensures compliance risks are identified, assessed, controlled and enforced through business and support specific policies & procedures.
3. Ensures suspicious transactions are identified and reported immediately to the MLRO without tipping off.
4. Review Company process/operational manuals and systems to ensure that are regularly updated to meet the set regulations, policies and all other requirements such as mandates, escalations, controls, etc. are in place and aligned.
5. Identifying areas of compliance weakness and recommend remedial measures in consultation with the CEO’s, Heads of Departments, Group Risk and Compliance functions.
6. Work with Internal Audit on their recommendation on compliance related issues for implementation.
7. Preparing departmental compliance training material, train staff and third parties across all lines. Verify understanding through testing. Work with the Risk and Compliance team on projects to increase awareness of Risk and Compliance issues.
8. Preparing and presenting Risk and Compliance reports to various stakeholders daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually
9. Coordinating the Anti–Money Laundering, Data Protection and other regulatory activities.
10. Conducting continuous audits, reviews and enhancements of Risk and Compliance on processes/ systems/documents and manuals with reference to laid down policies, regulations, laws and best practices in the line of business
11. Be aware of any regulatory/legal changes affecting clients and the effect of the same on the company.
12. Collaborate with Data Protection Officer, internal, external auditors and HR as required.
13. Report non-compliance and support the team in management of a crisis or compliance violation
14. Address employee concerns or questions on legal compliance
15. Implement Risk Framework components – enhance build or expand risk strategy identification, assessment, appetite and reporting infrastructure.
16. Regularly report to the management, key persons and the board on the company’s risk and compliance profile as well as exposures with their attendant mitigants.
17. Enable the balancing of business opportunities and risk effectively using systems and systems and controlled processes.
18. Demonstrate Teamwork/spirit and continued personal development: – Back up team members as allocated and share skills/knowledge and experience
19. Attend training, seminars, works as directed by Management
20. Work with integrity, passion and commitment through:
21. Full compliance of Jubilee Insurance non solicitation policy,
22. Protection of company’s data base, IP, strategy and secrets, sensitive, personal, confidential client data
23. Ensuring unethical ways/behavior of other team members are reported to the manager.
24. Any other duties that may be assigned by the management.
1. Strong Analytical skills
2. High level of Integrity and Professionalism
3. Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
4. Regulatory/market Awareness
5. Compliance Focus
6. Continuous Innovation
7. Ownership &Commitment
8. Team Spirit
9. Degree in finance, legal, risk or related field
10. CPA(K), CISI, ICIFA, CFA qualification is an added advantage
11. Computer software packages
• At least 3 years working experience in a compliance/ audits environment within the financial services industry.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you are qualified and seeking an exciting new challenge, please apply via Recruitment@jubileekenya.com quoting
the Job Reference Number and Position by 11th May 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.