Risk and Compliance Officer
Jobs at:Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops
Deadline of this Job:
03 October 2022
Date Posted: Friday, September 23, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
REF - KCCB-ACTS/9/2022/04
The Risk and Compliance Officer will report directly to the General Secretary, Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops (KCCB). In partnership with senior management, S/He will objectively add value and improve KCCBs programming by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. The successful candidate will possess a thorough knowledge of various operational procedures and a sound judgement. S/He will assess and enhance the compliance of KCCB ACTS activities/operations with KCCB-specific policies and procedures, Donor rules and regulations, and host country laws. S/He will identify compliance gaps, analyze the causes of gaps, and work with staff and management to build capacity, enhance general awareness of compliance issues, and assist with the development of action plans that address gaps and strengthen internal controls, systems, and procedures in an efficient manner. Using a Compliance Assessment tool and other resources, compliance will be evaluated using a risk-based approach across the full range of administrative/operational services, such as contracting/procuring, granting, accounting, budgeting, information technology, administration, human resources, and general office operations.
• Serve as an expert on applicable policies, procedures, rules, and regulations and assist staff with their interpretation and understanding of these.
• Stays abreast of donor policies, procedures, rules and regulations and Kenyan legal requirements and informs management of significant changes.
• Reviews and ensures compliance with all local legal requirements including registration, taxes, and local labour laws.
• Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; assists with the development of corrective action plans for the resolution of problematic
• issues; and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar issues in the future.
• Assesses proper functioning of systems, internal controls, and procedures
• All other duties as may be reasonably assigned by the immediate supervisor or KCCB General Secretary
Minimum Qualifications, Experience & Skills
• Bachelors’ degree in accounting, finance or business administration.
• Master’s Degree in Finance, MBA or related discipline CPA-K or ACCA.
• At least 5 years of hand-on experience in audit at the management/supervisory level.
• In-depth knowledge of United States Government grant and financial regulations, systems and procedures for managing complex grant programs with many partners and customers
• Self-directed and self-motivated
• Team player
• Emotionally intelligent individual, with ability to resolve conflicts professionally.
• Excellent communication (written and oral)
• Interpersonal relations
Other Personal Attributes
• High degree of stewardship of resources
• Interpersonal skills
• Detail oriented
• Result oriented
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.