Scholarship Management Financial Clerk
Jobs at:Equity Bank Kenya
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, July 13 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 05 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Scholarship Management Financial Clerk- ( DADAAB & KAKUMA)
• Equity Group Foundation (EGF), Education and Leadership Development Pillar is seeking a highly skilled and motivated individual to join our team as a Scholarship Management Financial Clerk who will stationed in the Dadaab and Kakuma Equity Bank Kenya branches. This position is critical to the effective financial management and reporting of our Wings to Fly and Elimu secondary school scholarship programs, ensuring transparency and accountability in resource allocation and utilization. The successful candidate will play a key role in supporting the education of scholars within the region and promoting access to quality education in challenging circumstances with a large pool of beneficiaries emanating from the Dadaab and Kakuma Refugee camps.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Oversee and facilitate the selection process of scholarship beneficiaries, including application reviews and interviews within Dadaab and/or Kakuma refugee camps.
• Coordinate with relevant stakeholders, such as schools, parents, and community leaders, to ensure smooth program implementation.
• Support beneficiaries in the enrolment process, including school admission and facilitation and access to required educational materials during academic terms.
• Ensure effective planning, coordination, and execution of program-related events and activities.
• Document success stories, best practices, and lessons learned from the program implementation.
• Manage the financial aspects of the scholarship program, including budgeting, expenditure tracking, and financial reporting.
• Monitor program expenses and ensure adherence to approved budgets and financial guidelines.
• Prepare accurate financial reports, including expense reports, budget variance analysis, and financial projections.
• Collaborate with the finance team to maintain accurate financial records, receipts, and supporting documentation within the Data Management and Information System (DMIS).
• Work closely with program stakeholders to ensure financial transparency and compliance with donor requirements.
• Provide financial guidance and support to scholarship beneficiaries and their families as needed through provision of the scholarship package.
• Assist in the development and improvement of financial management systems and processes.
• Collaborate with program coordinators and other team members to ensure effective implementation of the scholarship program within the region.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in financial management and reporting, preferably in the nonprofit or humanitarian sector.
• Strong knowledge of financial management principles, practices, and procedures.
• Proficiency in financial software and tools, such as Microsoft Excel, QuickBooks, or similar applications.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a keen attention to detail.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate with diverse stakeholders.
• Experience working in a multicultural and refugee context is highly desirable.
• Knowledge of donor requirements and grant management is a plus.
• Fluency in English is required, and knowledge of the local language(s) is an advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.