Senior Accountant, Budget and Final Accounts
Jobs at:Africa Nazarene University (ANU)
Deadline of this Job:
29 July 2022
Date Posted: Saturday, July 16, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
JOB REF: ANU/FIN/05/22
Responsible for reviewing budget proposals and requests for funding, evaluating spending needs, conducting cost-benefit analyses, and preparing financial reports.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop the budget and final accounts section’s strategy, program, policy, procedures, plan and guidelines
• Review budget proposals and requests for funding, evaluating spending needs, conducting costbenefit analyses, and examining them for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with procedures and regulations
• Coordinate the planning and development of operating budgets, in coordination with the university faculty and department heads. Develop the Master Budget for the university
• Consolidate information from various sources including departmental input, operational expenditure history, strategic projects to validate and recommend approval of the Master Budget. Summarize budgets and submit recommendations for the approval or disapproval of funds requests
• Review availability of funding and approve budget revisions and adjustments.
• Monitor and analyze department’s budgets to ensure compliance.
• Prepare variance analysis report between budgeted and actual financial results at the end of each reporting period.
• Review and advise the university on the financial viability/cost-benefit, and the relative ranking of
• capital requests and special project/program proposals for funding
• Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports in line with set standards
• Advice the university management on tax affairs and changes in tax laws. Ensure all taxes and statutory deductions are paid and submitted within deadlines
• Provide direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures and efficient control and utilization of financial resources
• Review operating budgets to analyze trends affecting budget needs.
• Participate in development and support implementation of the department’s performance management strategies.
• Mentor, coach and supervise subordinate staff.
• Any other duty assigned.
Academic and Professional Requirements:
• MBA, MSc in Finance or equivalent
• Relevant professional qualification e.g. CPA (K) or equivalent
• Member of a relevant professional body in good standing
• Minimum of four (4) years relevant experience.
• Experience in external or internal audit engagement will be an added advantage.
Key Skills and Experience:
• Experienced financial/accounting professional with 4+ years of post-qualification experience, preferably working service industry/professional accounting firms
• Experience with preparation of management accounts, financial reporting, and budgeting
• Demonstrable experience in development and execution of organization strategy and business plans
• Experience and proficiency in the use of accounting software. ERP or MS Navision experience will be an added advantage
• Competent knowledge and use of MS office and general IT skills
• Advanced numeracy and analytical skills
• Good interpersonal and Communication skills
• Good planning and Organization skills
• Leadership and fast-paced team player
• Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
• Attention to detail and accuracy
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Method of Application
• Suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply through the email firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 29th July 2022 enclosing an updated Curriculum Vitae with details of current post, salary and other financial benefits, testimonials, certified academic and professional certificates, copy of National Identity Card, names and addresses of three referees (one of whom should be present or previous employer). Kindly indicate job title and reference number in the subject of the email
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.