Senior Accountant, Financial Reporting
Jobs at:Jubilee Insurance
Deadline of this Job:
19 October 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 18, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Ref. No. JHIL040
• The role holder will be responsible for the development and implementation of financial reporting under IFRS 17 for Jubilee Health Insurance Company and will assist in ensuring seamless financial operations and adoption of IFRS 17 for the company.
IFRS17 Transition and Reporting
• Technical implementation plan, budgeting, and project management.
• Gap analysis, business & financial impact analysis.
• IFRS17 methodology position papers: On options & recommendations under non-prescribed technical decisions e.g., Level of aggregation, contract boundaries, risk adjustment, investment components, reinsurance contracts approach etc.
• Preparing papers for management & board approval for transition approach, budget, system requirements etc.
• Disclosure preparation under IFRS17 reporting requirements.
• Develop controls and documentation around estimates and judgement in IFRS17 implementation for data & results consistency, completeness, and accuracy.
• Determination of transition method from full retrospective, modified retrospective and fair value approaches.
• Model Jubilee financial statements under IFRS17 and comparatives to IFRS4.
• Setting up of the general ledger for the reporting on IFRS17 and OFA software.
• Training other members within the Company.
• Mapping of accounts, development of accounting reports/disclosures, documentation, and communication.
Projections and Budgeting
• Budget and control all IFRS17 costs.
Financial & Regulatory Reporting
• IFRS17 inputs to regulatory reports i.e., Quarterly returns to IRA and tax computations for KRA.
• Support stakeholders on all financial inputs and outputs (Actuarial, Finance, appointed actuary and audit/assurance teams) on IFRS17 reporting within monthly, quarterly & end year reporting timelines.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or any other related field.
• CPA-K or ACCA Qualification.
• Well versed with key accounting computer systems operations plus working on spreadsheets.
• Good understanding of IFRS 17 and experience in the implementation of IFRS 17 will be an added advantage.
• Good presentation and communication skills
• Minimum of five years relevant experience in the Financial Services Sector and 5 years’ experience in external audit at a supervisory level
• Experience in reviewing and addressing gaps in insurance operations.
Closing: 19 Oct, 2022
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.