Senior Accountant – Financial Controls
Jobs at:NCBA Group
Deadline of this Job:
29 July 2022
Date Posted: Friday, July 22, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The main purpose of the role is to daily management of the General Ledgers (GL) that form the primary source of financial information for the Group. This role will handle monthly, quarterly and annual financial closings, coordinate the subsidiaries to ensure standardization, accuracy and completeness of data for consolidation of the financials. The role will enhance the quality of financial discipline and management reporting to achieve the group entities objectives. The role supports the Deputy Director, Finance to ensure review of GL for overall integrity and accuracy of the general ledgers as a basis for the preparation of financial and management reporting. Additionally, the role will be involved in statutory reporting especially co-ordination of annual accounts process. Specifically, the role will participate and support implementation and entrenchment of financial controls culture, policies, tools, processes and procedures that ensure internal efficient and effective preparation and dissemination of financial information. The role cuts across financial control and financial reporting in Kenya and the subsidiaries.
Ideal Job Specifications
• University degree in business related studies or equivalent.
• MBA is an added advantage.
• CPA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent professional qualification
Desired work experience:
• Five years’ post-qualification (accounting) experience in a medium to large corporate organisation.
• Four years’ work experience in middle management role.
• Practical experience in use of relevant MS Office applications.
• Competence in the use of SAP, SAP BODs, SAP BPC and T24.
• Experience in the financial services industry or banking sector would be an added advantage
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.