Senior Accountant - Agri-Finance
Jobs at:Corporate Staffing
Deadline of this Job:
20 August 2022
Date Posted: Monday, August 15, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Senior Accountant - Agri-Finance
• Managing the day-to-day bookkeeping and reconciliation for all business activity in Kenya including loan disbursements and repayments, interest, and other related items.
• Utilizing posting tables and ensuring clear processes are followed for all records.
• Daily reconciliation of loan disbursements and repayments
• Preparing invoices and recording all transactions accurately in the accounting software
• Ensuring that the Kenyan entity is fully compliant with all tax and financial obligations as per the legislation and regulations of Kenya
• Implementing a strict internal control framework, with adequate checks and balances, to mitigate against the risk of fraud or error.
• Maintaining a high level of data quality and integrity
• Supporting group-wide portfolio reviews
• Coordination of internal and external audits
• Processing tax payments and returns
• Ensuring all financial statements are prepared and reported on time
• Paying all local expenses (including payroll) on time and accurately recording them.
• Overseeing the bank accounts to ensure sufficient liquidity is in place and preparing a liquidity forecast together with the CFO.
• Coordinating with the account manager to ensure follow-up and renegotiation of client deals are done Achieving monthly/quarterly/yearly KPI’s.
• In addition, your involvement and input may be required with: Country strategy and budget sessions.
• Providing support to other countries if/when required
• Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or accounts.
• Registered with ICPAK / CPA-K
• Strong knowledge of Accounting practices in Kenya
• Proven experience working in a finance or lending business (a strong advantage).
• Extensive experience performing bookkeeping and reconciliation duties via QuickBooks.
• Detailed understanding of local audit and financial reporting requirements.
• Knowledge of relevant tax reporting requirements in Kenya.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to take ownership of tasks and drive projects through to completion
• Excellent time management.
• Commitment and determination to meet KPIs and help drive the business to success
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
• Bringing a positive, can-do attitude to work every day
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Senior Accountant – Agri-Finance) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 20th August 2022.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.