Senior Accountant - Grade 4
Jobs at:Human Resource Management Professionals Examinations Board
Deadline of this Job:
14 November 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 25, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Senior Accountant - Grade 4
The Accounts function is responsible for ensuring that the Board’s financial resources are collected and managed in a prudent, accountable, transparent manner to achieve effectiveness, economy and efficiency, maintaining a financial management system for use by the Board in producing accurate and reliable accounts free from errors and fraud, and which will be useful in management decisions and statutory reporting.
Duties and responsibilities:
The main duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to;
• Supervising the development and review of accounting procedures and practices; writing cheques and posting payments and receipt vouchers in the cash books; balancing
• and ruling of the cash books;
• Withdrawing cash for office use and ensuring safety of the same at all times; extracting and providing cash liquidity analysis;
• Ensuring security of cheques and cheese books;
• Supervising the preparation of and appropriation in aid (A.I.A) returns;
• Monitoring collection of revenue;
• Inspecting assets;
• Approving payment vouchers and committal documents in accordance with laid down regulations;
• Preparing financial reports and analyzing income and expenditure against budgets;
• Preparing monthly bank reconciliation and reconciliation of debtors and creditors ledgers;
• Manage accounting information, including coordination and rationalization of estimates, annual appropriation and fund accounts, and cash flow control and cost analysis;
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have: -
• Served in the grade of Accountant HRMPEB Grade 5 for a minimum period of three (3) years;
• Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Finance, Accounts Commerce (Finance Option), Business Administration, Business Management, Economics or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
• Be a licenced member of Institute of Certified Public Accountants Kenya (ICPAK);
• Certificate in computer applications;
• Fulfill the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution
• Demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
• At least 3 years’ working experience in a busy office (public or private sector
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Job candidates who meet the job requirements to apply by Monday 14th November, 2022. The applications should be addressed to:
Chief Executive Officer
Human Resource Management Professionals Examinations Board.
P.O Box 23733 00100
All Applications should be submitted through e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title on the subject. All the documents should be in a single PDF file.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.