Senior Accountant -Payables
Jobs at:Frank Management Consult Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
08 December 2022
Date Posted: Friday, December 02, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• The role holder has overall responsibility to the Chief Financial Officer to oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our payables financial transactions. reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures and statements. Further the role holder will be required to receive, process, and verify invoices, tracking and recording purchase orders, and processing payments in a timely manner.
• Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payables
• Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
• Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
• Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
• Provide technical support and advice on management accounting
• Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
• Manage accounting assistants.
• Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process
• Provide input into department’s goal setting process
• Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule
• Assist with tax audits and tax returns
• Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
• Plan, assign and review staff’s work
• Support month-end and year-end close process
• Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
• Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
• Liaise with the CFO to improve financial procedures
• Realtime Posting of supplier invoices.
• Process payments of supply invoices
• Processing of withholding tax and timely payment of the same
• Preparing monthly Creditor’s reconciliations.
• Match supplier invoice to authorizing purchase orders and proofs of receipts.
• Review and reconcile invoice discrepancies.
• Process procurement card payments.
• Notify managers when budgeted expenditure levels have been exceeded.
• Maintain large number of supplier accounts while staying in compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Collect and compiles metrics and data from a variety of sources and analyze the data and statistics for reporting purposes and determine data/patterns that are important for the company to be aware of and act on.
• Develop and implement analytical tools and works undertaking detailed analyses of payable financial matters with a view of establishing actionable insights to management.
• Degree and or equivalent or higher qualification in Accounting or Financial Management, Finance and or Economics and or related business field.
• CPA K or ACCA or equivalent
• Must have knowledge in use of a business software and systems
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a senior account’s role in a manufacturing organisation.
Attributes for the Role:
• Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
• In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Awareness of business trends
• Familiarity with financial accounting statements
• Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
• Hands-on experience with accounting software packages.
• Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
• Proven track record of achievements under the Key responsibilities.
• Adept at formulating strategies, concepts and coping with setbacks and pressure.
• Adept at relationship creation, networking, persuasion and influencing.
• Strong negotiation skills and the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively with the team to meet deadlines.
• Must have high level of integrity and ethical practice
• Should demonstrate ability to identify potential risks likely to face the organization on financial matters
• Must be assertive, proactive and diligent with commitment to the highest standards of service delivery
• Eye for detail
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.