Senior Accountant (Payables)
Jobs at:Kenya Literature Bureau (KLB)
Deadline of this Job:
13 January 2023
Date Posted: Saturday, January 07, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage the accounts payables, budgeting and taxation systems and processes.
• Co-ordinate the processing of creditors, expenses and utility payments to meet Bureau’s obligations. Provide technical and professional advice on matters related to accounts payables, budgeting and taxation.
• Co-ordinate the effective implementation of the Royalty Management System.
• Co-ordinate the recovery, accounting and remittance of all taxes in compliance with the Laws.
• Lead and coordinate the budgeting processes, monthly performance tracking and reforecasting and approval processes in line with laid down timelines/schedules.
• Commit expenditures to the approved vote heads for budgetary control.
• Co-ordinate pending bills management and periodic reporting.
• Co-ordinate and monitor the reconciliation of supplier’accounts.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS REQUIREMENT
(Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Accounting, Finance or relevant field.
• Master’s degree in a relevant field is an added advantage.
• Minimum 7 years of working experience with at least three (3) years at senior management/leadership position.
• Holder of Certified Public Accountant (CPA–K) or Association of Chartered Certified Accountant – (ACCA–UK) and in good standing.
• Certified Investment and Financial Analyst (CIFA–K) or Certified Financial Analyst (CFA–UK) will be an added advantage.
• Knowledge of Public Finance Act and International Financial Reporting Standards.
• Problem solving, analytical, leadership, decision making, integrity, good communication, organisation and planning skills.
• A good team player, maintains high work standards, reliable, easily adapts to new environments, pays attention to detail and self-motivated.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should send applications clearly indicating the job title and reference number of the position, enclose a comprehensive CV stating your current position, photocopies of relevant certificates and testimonials as well as names and contacts (telephone and e-mail address) of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience. Include your day and evening telephone numbers and your contact email address.
Interested and qualified? Go to Kenya Literature Bureau (KLB) on klb-recruitment.stl-horizon.com to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.