Jobs at:BFA (Bankable Frontier Associates)
Deadline of this Job:
07 February 2023
Date Posted: Monday, January 23, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Responsible for the full cycle accounting for the Kenya subsidiary, including preparing financial statements and managing the audit.
• Responsibilities include project accounting, revenue recognition in accordance with ASC 606, recording expense transactions to correct account and project, preparation of analysis and reconciliation of bank accounts, accounts receivable, accounts payable, accrued expenses, prepaid expenses and other balance sheet accounts, intercompany transfer pricing, and expense analysis.
• Ensure proper documentation, approvals, and accurate general ledger classification.
• Responsible for the monthly close and preparation of account reconciliations, analysis, and financial statements in accordance with closing deadlines.
• Collaborate with Regional Administrators to determine monthly cash needs.
• Responsible for Kenyan tax compliance.
• Review existing policies and processes to ensure efficient processes that streamline workflow and strengthen internal controls.
• Assist with ad hoc reporting, including financial reporting for customers.
• Manage the annual Kenyan audit.
• Responsible for accounts payable and payment processing
• Review travel and expense reports from employees
• Ad hoc requests based on Finance team needs
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, CPA and public accounting experience is preferred.
• Minimum 5-7 years experience in accounting
• Proven experience in full-cycle accounting and finance responsibilities, including managing audits, financial statement preparation and analysis
• Solid understanding of technical accounting concepts and ability to apply principles to safeguard the company's assets and produce materially accurate financial statements.
• Excellent technology and process improvement skills
• International accounting and multi-currency experience is required
• Experience in Intacct, NetSuite or similar is a plus
• Ability to work independently, managing processes from start to finish
• Attention to detail, deadlines, accuracy and quality
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Confidentiality and integrity
• Experience in using integrated ERP software such as Expensify, online banking and other programs relating to finance.
• Excellent use of Microsoft Office – Excel, Word and PowerPoint; Google Sheets
• Proactive, take charge attitude; ability to troubleshoot routine situations and manage tasks independently.
• Collaborative team player with strong communication skills and a good sense of humor.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Go to BFA (Bankable Frontier Associates) on bfaglobal.com to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.