Jobs at:Corporate Staffing
Deadline of this Job:
26 October 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 12, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• General Ledger & Reporting
• Prepares, approves, and submits journal entries
• Reviews and approves G/L account reconciliations
• Prepared Balance Sheet Reconciliations on a monthly basis.
• Validates month-end and quarterly reports
• Conducts Internal compliance activities
• Approves and provides reports to authorities and other third parties
• Provides written responses to auditors’ requests and consolidates feedback of third parties
• Reviews and approves regulatory reporting package for submission
• Requests and approves post-period adjustments Tax (VAT, withholding tax, withholding vat, Income Tax)
• Reviews and signs-off tax & statutory returns and hands over to authorities and, if necessary assists resolve inquiries
• Submits periodical declaration on payment & remittances (prints or enters into local tax tool)
• Supports local tax audits
• Maintains local tax documentation
• Supports the Head of Finance in preparing the monthly, quarterly, and annual tax reporting and tax calculation
• Ensure all tax and statutory GL accounts (NHIF, NSSF, WHT, Withholding VAT, VAT, and Company Taxes) are fully reconciled, returns filed with the relevant authorities, and paid on time.
• Budgets, Planning, and forecasting
• Budgeting: participate in the preparation of budgets and in the annual budgeting process by providing necessary templates and inputs to the relevant departments.
• Cash flow forecasting: preparation of monthly and periodic cash flow forecasting.
• Ad hoc analytical reviews: preparation of ad hoc forecasts and analytical reviews as may be required by different stakeholders.
• Accounting system, internal controls, and compliance
• Accounting systems: ensure the maintenance of appropriate financial records and supporting documentation in line with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
• Internal control systems: contribute to the periodic updating and review of the effectiveness of
• financial internal control systems for the companies.
• Tax Compliance- ensure compliance with the applicable tax laws by the companies.
Bank and Cash: – ensure effective internal controls and management of the bank and other cash-related accounts.
• Accounts Payable
• Act as a single point of contact for specific key vendors and assisting Finance Team in resolving invoices exceptions processing issues resolving booking and reconciliation issues
• Process vendor invoices and routing them to the department they belong to for approvals
• Handles electronic uploads of vendor invoices (electronic invoices)
• Approved Vendor Master data changes
• Reviews, advices and authorizes payment proposal as well as submits and confirms payment
• request to bank
• Fixed Asset Accounting
• Organizes for local fixed assets reconciliation and addresses differences accordingly
• Review and approve fixed assets reports
• Assist with fixed assets verification and control
• Quality, Health, Safety & Environment
• Evaluate strategic and operational risks and opportunities to operations and business interests
• regarding quality, health, safety, and environmental topics, including environmental and workplace
• health and safety regulations, changing expectations of stakeholders, and national/local issues.
Skills & Competencies
• Proven ability to understand and analyze complex financial information
• High level of attention to detail and a logical and organized approach
• High level of accuracy, credibility, and accountability
• Strong Analytical skills
• Ability to work well independently as well as in a team and remotely with an off-shore partner
• Strong communication skills
Educational background / Work experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field
• Additional accounting qualifications (e.g. CPA (K), ACCA, etc.)
• At least 4 years hands-on experience in a busy Finance Department
• Professional experience in management and financial reporting as well as in accounting/ financial processes
• Proven Tax experience
• English & Swahili: fluency in written and spoken
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.