Jobs at:Kenya Institute for Public Policy Research and Analysis (KIPPRA)
Deadline of this Job:
28 February 2023
Date Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Duties and responsibilities will entail: -
• Developing the annual Institute’s operating budget by consulting with departmental management;
• Ensuring adherence to projects and program planning budgets and other administrative actions;
• Compiling and analyzing financial information to Preparing annual/quarterly financial statements;
• Reviewing monthly payroll payments and Ensuring timely processing;
• Providing accounting policy orientation for new staff to Ensuring that they acquire on job training;
• Coordinating the input and handling of financial data and reports through the Institute's automated financial systems;
• Coordinating the implementation of accounting and internal control procedures;
• Analyzing and Reviewing budgets and expenditures for local grants, development partners and commissioned contracts through analytical Reviews to enhance project implementation
• Monitoring and Reviewing accounting and related system reports through system reconciliations for accuracy and completeness;
• Liaising with internal and external auditors in completing audits in order to comply with statutory legislation;
• Ensuring data integrity of financial and accounting records;
• Ensuring accurate records of Institute’s asset and associated depreciation schedules;
• Confirming bank reconciliations are accurately Prepared;
• Ensuring Maintenance an up to date books of accounts;
• Providing responses to audit queries;
• Processing KIPPRA payments and other disbursements;
• Ensuring accurate processing and submission of statutory deductions and returns;
• Ensuring compliance with Established financial accounting and management systems;
• Implementing of financial policies, procedures and strategies;
• Ensuring compliance with statutory regulations and International Accounting standards;
• Keeping accurate debtor’s records and track timely collection of debts;
• Monitoring bank accounts balances by requesting disbursements and Reviewing bank statements through researching and reconciling all discrepancies to Ensuring strong liquidity position;
• Tracking project costs to Ensuring they are within the set limits; and
• Controlling and coordinating both routine and non-routine accounting
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
• Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: - Commerce (Accounting/Finance Option), Business Management (Accounting/Finance Option), Economics, or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution;
• Master’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Business Administration, Finance, Commerce, or equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institution;
• Three (3) years relevant experience in accounting and finance;
• CPA (K);
• Active ICPAK membership;
• Supervisory skills Course lasting not less than two (2) weeks from a recognized Institution;
• Knowledge and experience of computerized accounting packages; and
• Fulfil the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
The public is notified of the following:
Detailed job descriptions, requirements, and how to apply are available on the website https://recruit.kippra.or.ke/
All applications MUST be received on or before 28th February 2023 by 5:00 pm.
KIPPRA is an equal-opportunity employer. Persons with disability, females, marginalized and minorities are encouraged to apply.
There are NO fees charged by KIPPRA for any application for these positions.
Canvassing for any of these positions will result in the disqualification of the candidate.
Applicants who applied previously for the readvertised positions are encouraged to apply.
ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted and will be required to present originals of the following documents during the interviews.
National Identity Card.
Academic and Professional Certificates and transcripts.
Any other supporting documents and testimonials.
Memberships to relevant professional bodies and associations (where applicable).
Evidence of publications where required.
Recommendation letter (s).
The Successful candidates and will be required to avail the following documents.
Clearance from Higher Education Loans Board.
Clearance from Directorate of Criminal Investigations (Police Clearance Certificate).
Printed Online Self-Declaration Application Acknowledgement Receipt or aself-Declaration Form duly stamped by the Ethics and Anti-CorruptionCommission.
Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority (Tax Compliance Certificate).
Clearance from a Registered Credit Reference Bureau.Applicants are requested to submit a cover letter, CV, copies of certificates & testimonials,
and duly filled personal data form which can be downloaded from the Institute’s website. All applications should be sent through the recruitment portal (link provided in section 1 abovand in the event of challenges submit the applications in soft copy via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications to be addressed to:
The Executive Director,
The Kenya Institute for Public Policy Research and Analysis,
Upper Hill, Bishop Gardens Towers, 2nd Floor Bishop Road,
P.O. Box 56445, Nairobi, 00200 City
Square, Tel: 2719933/4, Fax 2719951
Late applications will not be accepted, and ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.