Jobs at:Kenya Water Institute (KEWI)
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, May 17 2023
Date Posted:Wednesday, May 17 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ADVERT NO. EXT/8/04/2023
• The Senior Finance Officer/Accountant, KW5 reports to the Principal Accountant, KW4.
• Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:
• Verification of vouchers and committal documents in accordance with laid down rules and regulations;
• Data capture, maintenance of primary records such as cashbooks, ledgers, vote books, registers and preparation of simple management reports e.g. imprest and expenditure returns etc;
• Timely and accurate preparation of quality management reports;
• Safe custody of KEWI records and assets under him/her; analysis of the below the line accounts. receiving duly processed payments and receipt vouchers;
• Writing cheques and posting payments and receipting vouchers in the cash books; balancing and reconciling cash books on daily basis;
• Arranging for withdrawal of cash for office use and ensuring safety of the same at all times; extracting and providing cash liquidity analysis;
• Ensuring security of cheques and cheque books;
• Paying personal and merchant claims guided by cash balances in the cash books and treasury regulations;
• Receipting of all money due and payable to the Institute.
For appointment to this scale, a candidate must meet the following requirements:
• Have served in the grade of Accountant KW6 or in a comparable and relevant position for a minimum of four (4) years;
• Passed Part III of the Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination or a
• Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance option), BusinessAdministration (Accounting option) from a recognized institution or any other relevant equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution;
• Be proficient in computer applications including Accounts related packages;
• Fulfill the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates who meet the requirements should submit soft copies of their application(s) with detailed CV and testimonials to the Institute’s email address: email@example.com and hard copies to be sent or hand-delivered to KEWI Headquarters – along Ole Shapara Avenue South C, Nairobi by 17th May, 2023.
The applications for positions should be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenya Water Institute
P.O Box 60013-00200
In addition to the above indicated requirements, applicants will be required to meet the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya on Leadership and Integrity.
The following clearances will be required from successful candidates upon offer of job and not at the application stage.
• Certificate of Good Conduct;
• Clearance from the Ethics and Anti – Corruption Commission;
• Certificate of Compliance from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
• Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Tax Compliance Clearance; and
• Certificate of Clearance from the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
KEWI is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified persons; including Women, Persons with Disability and persons from Minority groups to apply. Only successful candidates shall be contacted for interviews.
THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
KENYA WATER INSTITUTE
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.