Jobs at:Kericho County
Deadline of this Job:
Sunday, July 09 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, July 06 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Duties and Responsibilities
• Authorizing payments subject to limit set.
• Certifying and verifying returns, documents, vouchers
• Responsible for Government assets, records and custody of Accountable Documents under his/her sections(s).
• Maintaining Asset register.
• Reconciling Bank Accounts, Statutory Deductions, Pension and Health Facilities fund.
• Reconciling PAYE and filling of monthly Returns
• Invoicing and validation of payments in IFMIS
• Auto reconciliation in IFMIS
• Analyzing payments requests as per the Controller of Budget guidelines
• Updating and maintenance of cashbooks
• Maintaining of withholding VAT Returns.
• Assisting in the preparation of financial reports
• Performing any other duty that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have: -
• Served in the grade of Accountant I, Job Group K’ or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service for a minimum period of three (3) years;
• Must have served in the Payroll section for a minimum period of three (3) years;
• Passed Part III of the Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination or its recognized equivalent qualification.
• A Bachelor's Degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance option),
• Business Administration (Accounting option) from a recognized institution or any other relevant qualification and have passed part II of Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination or its approved equivalent.
• Certificate in Computer Applications
• Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Only County Government of Kericho employees are eligible to apply and are required to register first through:
• Interested and qualified? Click here to apply
• Applicants MUST attach letter of Appointment/last promotion
• Applicants MUST attach original scanned: National Identity
• cards /passport, Appointment/promotion letters, curriculum vitae, testimonials, academic and professional certificates other testimonials on or before Friday 9th July, 2023.
• Details of the qualifications and requirements can be obtained from the County Public Service Board website.
• Any application/s sent through post or hand delivered will NOT be accepted/ considered.
• Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.