Senior Accounts Clerk, Debtors Department - Readvertised
Jobs at:Aga Khan University Hospital
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, May 12 2023
Date Posted:Friday, May 12 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reporting to the Team Leader, Corporate, the Senior Accounts Clerk will ensure that all the corporate unallocated credits are maintained at the lowest possible level of the current benchmark and prepare accurate and timely debtors reports as per the agreed timings.
1. Reconcile corporate client accounts on monthly basis (two major accounts every month).
2. Collect, verify and sort NHIF claims on daily basis as per NHIF requirements.
3. Check all the accurate attachments are in order and stamp the claims.
4. Process claims through Meditech system and enclose them on a daily basis.
5. Pass on journal vouchers for write offs and collection and billing errors.
6. Process all pending claims/returns for the week on every Monday & 3rd of every month for the previous month.
7. Highlight all discrepancies captured while processing NHIF claims with supervisor once encountered.
8. Calculate approved discounts as per accounts corporate agreements and pass Journal entry.
9. Generate report after daily NHIF claim/invoice dispatch and forward downloads for main account to Team leaders on daily basis.
10. Liaise with Dispatch team and team Leaders to ensure that all invoices have been dispatched and received by corporate on weekly basis.
11. Ensure accurate and complete NHIF claims with accompanying attachments are dispatched in a timely manner in NHIF System
12. Organize and hold meetings with Dispatch team to discuss the invoice status of respective corporate in the dispatch reports.
13. Reconcile People soft accounts as regularly allocated by the Supervisor i.e., Welfare, discounts, provisions, co-pay, maternity deposits/other deposits etc.
14. Maintain confidentiality and safe custody of the Internal and External clients’ documents.
15. Maintain timely and accurate departmental reports.
16. Participate in preparation of service audits to enable the department to achieve its quality objective.
17. Maintain all the records, correspondence for NHIF claim attachments, and corporate reconciliation.
18. Deal with any enquiries that may arise as per stipulated policy guidelines
19. Offer prompt and satisfactory services to internal and external clients as per the established policies and procedures of the department
20. Receipt allocation of cheques received from corporate and individuals
21. Ensure all payments from corporate and individual clients, adjusting entries and credit notes raised are reconciled to the respective debit entries as per the remittance advice provided by the clients
22. Ensure that unallocated credits schedule is updated on a timely basis
23. Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and skills required
1. Bachelor of Commerce/ CPA II or equivalent
2. KCSE Mean Grade C minimum or equivalent
3. A minimum 2 years’ relevant experience in a busy accounting/credit management department
4. Proficient in MS Office suite
5. Formal training in customer care or equivalent demonstrated experience.
6. Excellent interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills.
7. Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
8. Ability to work in and build relationships among team members.
9. Ability to work under pressure and meet stringent deadlines.
10. Ability to work long hours with minimal supervision, has initiative and is proactive
11. Accuracy & efficiency in handling demanding workload.
12. Knowledgeable and can perform routine/non routine assignments
Closing Date: 27/04/2023
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.