Senior Analyst, ERM Analytics, AME
Jobs at:Standard Chartered Bank Kenya
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, June 28 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, June 15 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Are you passionate about ensuring the accuracy and reliability of financial models? Do you have a keen eye for detail and enjoy the challenge of complex mathematical algorithms? If you're seeking a stimulating opportunity to make a significant impact, we invite you to join the AME risk team. As a Senior Analyst, you will play a crucial role in safeguarding the integrity of our organization's models and driving data decision-making processes.
• Act as the local point of contact for credit models and data matters within the region and embed best practices in countries within AME region by establishing pragmatic processes
• Provide analytic support to the Risk teams across AME region
• Conduct validation of credit models, evaluate the model's conceptual soundness, and compliance with local regulatory guidelines. Recommend and coordinate of remediation actions as and when required
• Support the Chief Risk Officers ("CROs") on stress testing and scenario analysis such as ICAAP, Climate Risk
• Ensure that models, data and other analytic processes are fit for purposes not only for regulatory estimates but also for daily business usage, underwriting decisions, risk appetite decisions and strategy design
• Support training initiatives for both the 1st line and 2nd line to encourage data driven decision in BAU risk management and improve the knowledge on financial model
• Improve the operational efficiency and effectiveness of risk management processes within Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) team for AME region
• Partner with countries across AME to identify challenges and provide solutions to meet their regulatory commitments on various ERM initiatives and help to better manage risks.
• Contribute to strategic Group projects and interact with various stakeholders including but not limited to Data Strategy, Business, Technology and Risk teams, ERM Centres of Excellence, Senior Management of the Development Group
• Participate in relevant model implementation and its user acceptance test to ensure models are appropriately implemented not only within the direct system environment but also its relevant downstream environments. Help policy team to provide model usage guidance to users and address users’ feedback.
• Deliver timely while ensuring compliance to applicable Group standards and policies.
People & Talent
• Help to build the appropriate culture and values. Work collaboratively with all relevant partners.
• Understand Model related uncertainty risk including data, regulatory, business strategy, market, competitive landscape, system, environment, and others to ensure model sponsors, owners and model approval committees make right decisions based on the understanding of associated risk
• Develop appropriate ORF controls that will allow us to provide assurance on model, data, and analytic processes
• Provide timely and high-quality responses to both internal and external queries and requests.
• Keep abreast and address home and host regulatory changes relating to models.
• Ensure that material risk exposures and related issues are reported to the responsible risk governance committees.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
• Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
• Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
• Support the AME Risk team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
• Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
• Senior business and risk stakeholders and their team members:
• Country CRO;s in AME region
• Regional CRO
• Country RFO’s and PRT owners
• Country Heads
• Group ERM Team
• Business and Control Function Heads
• Regulators and Centrals Banks in AME region
• External Auditors
• Economic and Industry Associations
Our Ideal Candidate
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in a quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, finance, or a related discipline
• Experience in model validation and familiarity with model risk management frameworks and regulatory expectations (e.g: PRA, Central Bank of UAE, IFRS9,..) is highly desirable
• Solid understanding of advanced mathematical concepts and statistical techniques. Proficiency in programming languages such as Python or SAS.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a keen attention to detail. Ability to dissect complex models, identify potential issues, and propose appropriate solutions. Strong critical thinking and logical reasoning abilities.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively convey complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
Role Specific Technical Competencies
• Proficiency in SQL/SAS/R/Python or other statistical tool
• Credit modelling/Validation
• Data analysis and Report
• Regulatory framework in AME as well as PRA related to Credit and Model Risk
• Analytical thinking and problem solving skills
• Communications skills -Capacity to understand complex analytical and translate to non technical audience
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Go to Standard Chartered Bank Kenya on scb.taleo.net to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.