Senior Assistant Office Administrator
Jobs at:Policyholders Compensation Fund
Deadline of this Job:
12 February 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 27, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Policyholders Compensation Fund (PCF) is a State Agency established under Section 179 of the Insurance Act (Cap 487 of the Laws of Kenya) with the mandate of protecting insurance claimants of an insurer placed under a manager appointed under section 67C (2) or whose license has been cancelled under the Act, through the provision of compensation for their unsettled claims.
Corporate Services Department
Manager, Human Resources & Administration
PURPOSE OF THE JOB (JOB SUMMARY)
Responsible for providing effective administrative, public relations, secretarial and support services. .
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Specific duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:
• Coordinating meeting and appointment schedules;
• Recording dictation in shorthand and transcribing it in typewritten form;
• Using e-office to research and process data;
• Operating office equipment,
• Attending to visitors/clients;
• Handling telephone calls;
• Handling customer inquiries and complaints;
• Coordinating meeting and appointment schedules;
• Coordinating travel arrangements;
• Ensuring security of office records, equipment and documents, including classified materials;
• Ensuring security, integrity and confidentiality of data;
• Establishing and monitoring procedures for record keeping of correspondence and file movements;
• Maintaining an up to date filing system in the office;
• Preparing responses to routine correspondence;
• Managing office protocol and etiquette;
• Managing petty cash and any other office administrative services that may be assigned; and
• Assessing performance, mentoring and coaching of staff under the Officer’s purview.
Job Skills: Not Specified
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPOINTMENT
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
• Diploma in Secretarial Studies, Business and Office Management or its equivalent qualification from a recognized and accredited institution;
• Supervisory Skills Development course lasting not less than two weeks;
• Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
• Proficiency in Computer Applications.
• At least six (6) years relevant experience.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Terms of Offer:
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities of the position will be negotiated with the successful candidate. Successful candidates in job grades PCF2 and PCF3 will be engaged on a five (5) years contractrenewable based on performance.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Suitably qualified and experienced individuals should submit applications enclosing a detailed curriculum vitae (CV), copies of relevant academic and professional certificates/testimonials and a copy of National Identity Card.
The CV must at the minimum provide details of the applicant’s email address, day-time mobile telephone numbers, details of current employer, current remuneration and names and contacts of three (3) referees familiar with the applicant’s professional background and experience.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce the following statutory documents during the interview:
• Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority;
• Clearance Certificate from Higher Educations Loans Board;
• Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
• Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
• Clearance from an approved Credit Reference Bureau;
• National Identity Card.
Applicants are also notified that shortlisted candidates may have to undergo and necessary integrity background checks with relevant law enforcement institutions.
Applications, addressed to the undersigned, may be delivered at the Policyholders Compensation Fund offices at Zep Re Place, 2nd Floor, Longonot Road, Upper Hill. Please note that these should be sealed, marked “Confidential” and indicate the job reference (e.g“PCF/SD/14” for Senior Driver position). Alternatively, they may be sent by post or email to:
The Managing Trustee
Policyholders Compensation Fund
Zep-Re Place, 2nd Floor
Longonot Road, Upper Hill
P.O. Box 24203 - 00100 Nairobi, Kenya
Applications must be received by close of business on 12th February 2021.
Important: PCF is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and gender equality.
Canvasing in any manner shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.