Senior BI Developer
Deadline of this Job:
28 August 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Reporting to Head Data Science, the Senior BI developer will be responsible for the design, development and maintenance of new BI reports and dashboards using Power BI and other visualization tools. The employee will be working closely with data analysts, data scientists and data engineers on various projects including designing reports and dashboards that fulfil user needs.
The role holder will be highly organised, pro-activity, and enthusiastic towards assigned projects.
• S/He will be responsible for leading a group of data analyst within the team towards the delivery of agreed business intelligence solutions.
• Engage internal stakeholders to translate business requirements into technical requirements
• Engages external stakeholders such as Microsoft to conduct trainings and facilitate the resolution of niche BI development issues
• Ensure positive stakeholder engagements throughout the lifecycle of a task or project
• Lead data analyst and oversee their developments works ensuring the data presented is accurate, meets visualization best practices and is aesthetically pleasing to the eye
• Develop and maintain BI applications and dashboards
• Manage administration of business intelligence (BI) tools such as Power BI, Tableau etc
• Support data analyst, data scientist and data engineers, ensuring proper execution of their duties and alignment with the Company objectives.
• Provide BI expertise and responsible for the design, deployment, and maintenance of the business intelligence solutions.
• Create mockups, prototypes and develop visualization requirements by working with business teams & users
• Work with the Data warehouse platform development team to understand the reporting sources to facilitate real-time reporting to operate in both analytical and operational capacities
• Work with visualizing structured and unstructured data sets
• Scale developments of BI solutions to other countries
• Manage and support migration of objects (dimensions, measures, hierarchies, reports, workbooks, dashboards, scorecards, savings & utilization, etc) from development to production environments
• Develop and format stored procedures in T-SQL
• Communicate with non-technical employees to define report request and limitations
• Ensure proper data governance and quality across all developments
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelors degree in Statistics, Software Engineering, Engineering, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, or any other related quantitative field.
• 5-7 years experience in BI developments with a preference for the finance industry
• Should have excellent hands-on development experience with Power BI, and Microsoft tools such as word, power point and excel
• Should have advanced level SQL/TSQL experience and able to implement the business logic through stored procedures.
• Skilled in handling multiple deadline driven assignments with the ability to initiate, supervise and complete projects and assignments with minimal supervision
• A broad exposure to various Business Intelligence platforms. Position requires excellent technical and communication skills. The ability to manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously is a requirement of this position. Very detailed oriented.
• Willingness to learn, be open minded to new ideas and different opinions yet knowing when to stop, analyze, and reach a decision
• Some basic knowledge of data science and data engineering is preferred
• The candidate must also have a proven and successful experience track record of leading high-performing data analyst teams
• Ms Office/Software: Outstanding skills in the use of Ms Word, Ms Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, which will all be necessary for the creation of both visually and verbally engaging reports and presentations, for senior data science management, executives, and stakeholders.
• The candidate must also demonstrate exceptionally good skills in SQL server reporting services, analysis services, PowerBI, integration services, or any other data visualization tools.
• Technological Savvy/Analytical Skills: Technologically adept and especially demonstrate an understanding of database and computer software.
• Interpersonal Skills: A suitable candidate for this position will be a team-builder, be result-oriented, be proactive and self-driven requiring minimal supervision, be open and welcoming to change, be a creative and strategic thinker, have innovative problem-solving skills, be highly organized, have an ability to handle multiple simultaneous tasks prioritize and meet tight deadlines, and demonstrate calmness in times of uncertainty and stress.
• People Skills: a people person who is able to form strong, lasting, and meaningful bonds with others people. This will make him an approachable and trustworthy individual who junior personnel readily follow and who senior Data and Analytics executives and stakeholders trust and who’s insights they give credit to, making execution of his duties much easier
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Follow the link to apply https://boards.greenhouse.io/azenia/jobs/4423576004?utm_ .
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.