Senior Credit Analyst
Jobs at:Trade and Development Bank (TDB)
Deadline of this Job:
12 July 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Reporting to the Executive, Credit Risk Management or designate, this position is responsible for ensuring the Bank's overall credit risk exposure is maintained at prudent levels and within the risk appetite parameters set by the Board of Directors.
Duties and Responsibilities
• The duties and responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
• Evaluate the financial performance of borrowers and based on a variety of credit risk and other factors, determining an appropriate risk rating for assigned portfolios.
• Monitor, evaluate and report on credit limits, exposures, and portfolio characteristics of all clients to adequately provide for any expected credit losses.
• Develop and review credit risk management policies and procedures to guide risk taking practices and decision making.
• Conduct Risk Reviews/Risk Opinions on credit applications and reviews to ensure there is independent, expert scrutiny of credit risks, their costs and their mitigations and provide feedback to business development officers during the structuring phase of credit facilities.
• Present the Risk Reviews, opinions, and recommendations on residual risks to relevant Credit Committees for consideration in risk taking decisions.
• Implement (internal & external) audit findings or recommendations within agreed timeframe.
• Manage the Credit and Political Risk Insurance Portfolio to ensure applicable exposures are adequately mititgated for; Process renewals on existing insurance covers, make applications to acquire new insurance where required and prepare Insurance Portfolio Reports.
• Actively identify early warnings signals at client level and portfolio level to prevent weak assets from crystallizing into unmitigated losses; Conduct annual and interim reviews of existing credit facilities and monitor financial and non-financial convenants.
• Collect Data by country, sector exposures to provide decision makers with timely information by identifying appropriate data sources to inform credit risk analysis and obtain appropriate access to this information.
• Contribute to the department's periodic risk reporting process by ensuring timely submission of data to inform reporting.
• Act as Secretary to the Credit Committee to keep record of deliberations and ensure meetings are held in a structured manner by sending invitations and agenda for Credit Committee meetings to Members, Presenters & Observers.
• Train new credit analysts to equip them with knowledge and skills to effectively perform their role.
Qualifications and Competencies
• A Master's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or any other relevant field from a recognized university.
• Relevant professional qualification/certification such as ACIB, ACCA, CPA, CIA, GARP, PRIMIA.
• Membership of a recognized professional body as an added advantage.
• A minimum of 8 - 10 years of relevant professional experience and proven track record in a Commercial/Development Banking or Financial institution environment.
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of credit risk management concepts and international standards relating to credit risk.
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work in different environments and with culturally diverse teams.
• Solid track-record in developing and nurturing talent and managing diverse teams to drive engagement and performance.
• Must be able to balance between strategic thinking and detail orientation, yet flexible to work in a fast-paced environment, a team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Fluency in English is a requirement. Knowledge of TDB's other working languages (French or Portuguese) would be an advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.