Senior Finance Analyst – Pricing & Margins
Jobs at:M-Kopa Solar
Deadline of this Job:
08 August 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• This role supports the business in making informed pricing decisions to ensure profitable growth and reports to the business the impact on the margins that those pricing decisions will have. Key to this will be analyzing the variances between the originally priced margins and those based on actual results, presenting these to the business, and holding the business owners to account for actions to improve those margins.
Key Job Functions
(Main activities undertaken by the jobholder and reflective of the most important features of the job)
• Draft, review, and suggest pricing for new and existing products. This includes owning the company pricing model, updating assumptions regularly, managing new pricing requests, and communicating pricing changes.
• Lead the monitoring, analysis, and presentation of unit economics calculations, including calculation of steady-state contribution margins by product category, comparison of actual margins vs. priced expectations, and diagnosis and recommendations for interventions to improve margin.
• Own the company margin analysis model to enable the commercial side of the business to maximize revenues in an ethical manner.
• Partner with cost center owners to assist them in monitoring and achieving margin improvements.
• Be responsible for the pricing and margin assumptions in the annual budgeting process and monthly updates to ensure accurate pricing and margin information is used to base decisions for future investment.
• Oversee the uploading of payments plans and manage communication of pricing details to BI and other teams
• Review and suggest improvements to our pricing models. This may include using historical data to help predict more accurate pricing, adding in more product inputs to drive more efficient pricing, or incorporating stakeholder feedback.
• BSc/BA or relevant certification (e.g. CFA/CPA)
• MSc/MBA is a plus
• Excellent communication skills and confidence to lead challenging meetings with senior management.
• Solid analytical and decision-making skills
• Experience working in a pricing team
• Experience in lending business practices and products
• Sound knowledge of data analysis and forecasting models.
• Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
• Leadership and interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Performance management, coaching, and mentoring skills.
• Problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.