Senior Finance & Grants Officer
Jobs at:Maasai Mara Wildlife Conservancies Association (MMWCA)
Deadline of this Job:
06 January 2023
Date Posted: Friday, December 30, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Financial Management - 55%
• Manage the financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems of MMWCA.
• Ensure compliance with MMWCA policies and procedures as well as local laws (i.e. taxes, customs, registration, insurance);
• Prepare and control the organisational and project budgets.
• Monitor cash flows and advise accordingly.
• Assist in developing and implementing financial management mechanisms that minimise financial risk.
• Identify Organisational and project financial risks and consult with the CFO on mitigation measures.
• Liaise with auditors for annual and project accounts. Follow up on implementing audit and compliance review recommendations.
• Develop relationships with appropriate contacts, e.g. auditors, lawyers, vendors, bankers and statutory organisations.
• Produce Analytical financial reports to specific deadlines (Organisational & Projects).
• Assist Programme, Administrative and communication teams in managing budgets.
• Ensure compliance with Donor requirements and legal obligations.
• Keep abreast of changes in financial regulations regarding Donors, Kenyan law and legislation.
• Develop, Utilize/review monthly financial and operational monitoring tools (forecast, procurement tracker, activity tracker, etc.);
• Support the CFO, CEO and SMT in preparing financial information and reports for the Finance Committee and Board as required.
Grant Management - 35%
• Develop and Review budgets for grant proposals.
• Supervise expenditures to budgets.
• Ensure accurate, timely, efficient and transparent processes for all grants.
• Manage institutional reporting, including meeting internal and external reporting deadlines, identifying reporting components, compiling required documents, ensuring report completeness, and facilitating final submission to funders.
• Work closely with Programme teams to build and execute work plans and processes, strengthen capacity for the grants management team, and ensure transparency and accountability.
• Keep up-to-date with funder requirements and developments in the use of indicators, tools, etc.
• Participate in relevant meetings relating to the grants and their respective management.
• Follow-up to ensure grant files are updated with budgets, grant contracts, agreements and reports (Progressive & Final).
• Work with the Grants Management Team to ensure sub-grantee complete the pre-award requirements (Anti-terrorism and Site visit assessment tool) and a sign grant agreement and grant modifications.
• Working with the Grants Management Team, provide technical assistance as required to build the capacity of local partners & sub-grantees.
Team Lead - 10%
• Ensure all staff adhere to MMWCA standard operational procedures as necessary.
• Update the terms of reference of directly supervised colleagues in collaboration with the CFO and Chief Administrative Officer as needed.
• Oversee the daily operations of the Finance & Grants Department and undertake appraisals of directly supervised colleagues.
• Ensure capacity building for Finance & Grants team members to increase the level of technical ability and skills within the department to deliver financial and Grant and or Programme outputs;
• Improve information flows within the Department;
• Engage with Other Senior Finance & Grants Officers from other organisations to share best practices and lessons learnt and collaborate on process improvements.
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Commerce or Finance.
• Recognised Certificate of Professional qualification in Accounting (ACCA, CPA)
• At least four years of CPA post qualification experience, preferable with a development organisation.
• Proven experience in grant management, preferably with major international donors.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please express interest and request more information, or apply directly with:
A cover letter.
Detailed CV highlighting relevant experience.
A daytime telephone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees to reach us by close of business on January 6, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.