Senior Finance Officer - Financial Planning & Analysis
Jobs at:Busara Center
Deadline of this Job:
01 February 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Busara is looking to hire a Senior Finance Officer who will be responsible for executing the financial planning and analysis, cash forecasting, and treasury management functions at Busara. In order to carry out this function, the Senior Finance Officer is responsible for a number of key areas.
Financial planning, analysis and forecasting
• Conduct analysis for organizational and project level budgets and financial plans, including preparing and uploading final budgets into Netsuite.
• Track budget vs actuals at different levels, create relevant insights and share on YTD variance, including reviewing budget reallocations requests.
• Conduct analysis and provide advice to project leads on areas to check on project expenditures to improve project profitability, including providing analysis on projected project performance and forecasts.
• Conduct analysis and regularly provide high-quality data and analysis to senior management to inform organizational development and strategy
• Regularly prepare and adjust financial projections (i.e., weekly, monthly, annually)
• Develop cash flow forecasts and regularly update them based on actuals to inform how Busara utilizes its funds on a daily basis.
• Assess investment opportunities for excess cash and advise senior management on the best opportunities.
• Provide research and advice to the finance team on securing short and long term credit options for the organization.
• Advise the leadership team on availability of budget for OpEx and CapEx items
Cash, liquidity, payables and treasury management
• Approve payment requests within Busaras system.
• Minimize idle cash to avert liquidity challenges.
• Manage Accounts payable including ensuring that AP balances and ageing in Netsuite are complete and accurate and can be relied upon for decision making at any given time.
• Sensitize and proactively communicate to staff on payment process and planning, AP timelines and expected challenges and delays.
• Proactively review service provider and vendor relationships and work cross-departmentally to ensure Busara is negotiating to maximize value as well as managing supplier and consultant relationships.
• Identify financial and treasury risks early and develop and implement mitigation strategies.
• A degree in business, economics, finance. or a related field
• Fully qualified ACCA/CPA
• Deep knowledge of standard accounting principles (GAAP, IFRS, etc.)
• Strong interpersonal skills and experience managing a team
• Advanced working knowledge of NetSuite accounting software (or extensive experience with a similar system)
• Financial modeling and cash forecasting experience
• Strong experience in financial analysis and building projections, with advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel (with the ability to work with lookups, pivot tables and dashboards)
• Ability to effectively communicate and project financial policies to other staff, as well as excellent written and verbal communication
• Ability to aggressively anticipate workload and issues, in order to prioritize team workflow and deliverables
• Positive working attitude, with a focus on results
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and integrity of accounting information
• Self-motivated, with a desire for continual learning
• 4+ years of experience in an FP&A role, part of which should be within a multi-national firm is desirable and shall be a distinct advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.