Jobs at: World Vission
Deadline of this Job:
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 24, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Senior Finance Officer Job
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Purpose of the position:
• Responsible for accounts payable and ensuring accountability through good cash flow and balance sheet management and ensure effective utilization and safe guarding of assets.
• The position will also oversee all East Africa Regional Office (EARO) grant projects financial management and processes.
• Communicate World Vision's Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
Accounts Payables (25%)
• Oversee the accounts payable function by reviewing and posting the transactions into SUN System according to World Vision (WV) policies and deadlines.
• Raise queries on review done and follow-up with the financial accountants for prompt clearance
• Review the cheques /online payments with supporting documentation
• Review monthly creditor reconciliations and submit for approval by the Senior Finance and Administration Manager
• Liaise with other departments to set up Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and ensure compliance.
• Review reconciliations (vendor reconciliations) and ensure reconciling items remain current.
• Prepare monthly draft cover memo and present in the monthly management review meeting.
• Upload financial reports onto the Field Financial Reports (FFR)database monthly within the timelines provided for reports as assigned.
• Oversee Treasury Management by reviewing cash flows to ensure enough funds are requested from Global Center (GC), appropriate cash level maintained as provided in the Field Finance Manual and sufficient amounts are hedged.
• Prepare and send monthly departmental reports to the departmental heads and solicit for explanations for variances.
• Coordinate the year-end process as provided in the Year-end memo from Global Center (GC)
• Oversee all EARO grant projects financial management and processes
Management of Office budget (15%)
• Coordinate with the various departmental heads to obtain the planned activities & supplies (travel, conferences, laptops etc.) for incorporation into the budget.
• Prepare annual CORE budgets within the guidelines as provided by the GC and submit for review.
• Prepare quarterly expenditure forecasts for review and submission to the Global Centre.
• Provide budget approval for expenditure requests (PRF, LPO, and Travel Requests) upon confirmation of budget availability.
• Analyse variances and ensuring adequate controls on expenses are maintained.
• Review aging analysis for correctness and follow-up with relevant staff to ensure account allocation is done monthly.
• Review balance sheet listing reports by the financial accountants to ensure that all balances are properly supported.
Technical SUN system specialist (10%)
• Oversee the implementation of SUN System and related upgrades. Evaluate and proposed changes in light of existing policies and provide feedback to the FRSC (Financial Resource Services Centre)
• Responsible for SUN System Administration, manage the Super User password and assign rights to other users
• Trouble shooting SUN System and resolution of any issues in liaison with FRSC SUN Technical team in the Manila Office
People Management, Capacity & Policy Development (10%)
• Setting and monitoring targets for direct reports
• Provide training and induction to finance and non-finance staff in financial systems and procedures to ensure optimal productivity and compliance.
• Coordinate inter office preapproval and settlement advice
• Research and recommend programs, policies and procedures to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the accounts function
• Any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
Minimum Education,Training and Experience Requirements for the Position
Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or related field as well as CPAK /ACCA II qualification
5 years ‘experience in finance and accounting role preferably in the humanitarian sector
Prior supervisory experience
Solid knowledge of accounting principles, financial systems, budget/cash-flow monitoring and internal accounting controls
Must have good working knowledge of computerized accounting software, preferably Sun Systems & Vision literacy in using Microsoft Office programs.
Additional work experience required
Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment
Able to solve complex problems and to exercise independent judgment
High professional ethics and integrity
Good interpersonal and people management skills
This role is based at the World Vision East Africa Regional Office(EARO)in Karen, Nairobi. Domestic and international travel may be required.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.