Senior Finance Officer - Programmes
Jobs at:International Union for Conservation of Nature
Deadline of this Job:
15 February 2023
Date Posted: Monday, January 30, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• The Senior Finance Officer - Programmes will perform the following specific duties: Programme Accounting and Financial Management;
• In partnership with the Programme Management Team, oversee the operation of financial and administrative systems for all projects.
• Support in development of risk register for all projects as assigned and monitoring on a quarterly basis.
• On a monthly basis provide project financial reports, information and advice to budget holders on budgets, procurement, financial and administration regulations and any other information key in informing project implementation
• Exercise authority over project budgets control and ensure effective tracking of income and expenditure through the project life cycle
• Oversee the allocation of staff time on TMS and follow up on a monthly basis to ensure cost recovery from projects
• Support in assigning new signed projects award numbers on award vision and ensure the project is converted into a C-project on the project portal.
• Review donor financial reports to ensure consistency with underlying NAV records and compliance with IUCN and donor requirements before approval by the Grants and Contracts Manager
• Maintain donor contract files including addendums of such contracts as part of the efficient, robust and transparent filing system.
• Prepare donor financial reports to ensure consistency with underlying NAV records and compliance with IUCN and donor requirements.
• Support in review and sign off process of donor contracts and consultancy contracts ensuring that IUCN contract and procurement compliance regulations are adhered to.
• Ensure the monthly project in deficit report is prepared and tracked and uploaded in NAV making sure any shortfalls are expeditiously dealt with in an effective manner
• Support with monthly preparation of project status report for review
• Ensure closed projects are appropriately closed in NAV through clearance of balances thereon and blocking.
• Commission project specific audits as per donor reporting requirements and ensure completion on a timely basis and submission as per contract deadlines to donors.
• Implementing Partners Management;
• Participate in the Due Diligence process of sub grantee selection for all sections relating to financial management and reporting.
• Oversee and ensure appropriate creation of IPs in NAV ensuring that the subaward codes are properly assigned and all expenditure is linked to subaward code.
• Follow up and review of implementing partners reports to ensure spending is as per approved budgets and ensure compliance to donor requirements.
• Ensure IP balances for ESARO are reconciled, confirmed and uploaded in NAV at least on a quarterly basis.
• Support the annual IUCN planning and budgeting process in accordance with instructions issued by HQ.
• Support the development of project proposal budgets and carry out preliminary checking prior to submission for internal financial assessment for various projects as will be assigned.
• Support in ensuring accurate project budgets are input on the project portal
• Monitoring of project budgets to ensure spending is a s per approved budgets.
• Provide technical financial services support to Kenya office and the country offices.
• Preparing and reviewing the project status report and projects in deficit report on a monthly basis
• Support implementation of annual IUCN external audits.
• Carry out any other duties that may be assigned by supervisors from time to time.
• Education: First degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
• Relevant professional qualification in accounting - CPA (K), ACCA I, CIMA preferred.
• Functional Competencies;
• Minimum 5 years' relevant work experience in similar capacity with a recognized regional or international development agency
• Good verbal and written communication skills in English Working knowledge of Kiswahili and another AU/IUCN/Regional language would be an added advantage.
• Hands on experience in financial management of projects funded by EU, USAID, BMU IKI, ADA, BMZ, KFW among others.
• Working Knowledge of use of ERP-Navision.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Proficiency in advanced MS Excel is an advantage
• Maintains High personal integrity and confidentiality
• Result oriented person with attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to manage multiple tasks, work under pressure and meet deadlines while maintaining work relationships in the face of conflicting demands Excellent relationship management and communication skills with the ability to work in a dynamic team environment
• A confident and positive attitude with excellent cultural awareness and sensitivity
• Willingness to travel
• A self-starter who requires minimum supervision.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Senior Finance Officer - Programmes
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.