Senior Finance Officer
Jobs at:Center for Strategy and Management Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
14 September 2022
Date Posted: Friday, September 09, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Senior Finance Officer
Reporting Line: Head of Finance and Operations
Basic Salary: Ksh 180,000/--Ksh 225,000/-
A leading Non-Profit think tank based in Nairobi seeks to recruit a Senior Finance Officer.
The ideal candidate will oversee sound financial and administrative management of the organization’s activities and will perform finance and administrative tasks. S/he will ensure the achievement of financial controls and performance objectives in accordance with the organization’s requirements and other donors. S/he will ensure compliance with donor rules and regulations, prime implementer’s and internal policies and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Cash and Bank Management
• Review cheques and on-line payments done by the finance assistant to ensure they are in compliance with IAS, organizational and donor policies and regulations, with correct coding and supporting documentation.
• Review monthly petty cash counts and conduct surprise cash counts.
• Review vouchers of payment, receipt and journals relating to cash transactions against approved bills/invoices in relation to the project.
• Ensure all journals, payment vouchers, receipts are promptly keyed in/entered into the ERP system.
• Ensure proper process documentation of all financial transactions
• Ensure proper filing of finance related documentation.
• Provide the leadership with monthly cash projection needs of the organization.
• Prepare bank reconciliation statements and make adjustments, including following up on balance sheet items, including accruals, staff advances, prepayments and program grants
• Raise funds requests/invoices to donors.
• Reviewing Travel Expense Reports (TERs) for accuracy before approval by Line Managers
• Ensuring proper book of accounts are kept and maintaining a sound archiving (filing and retrieval) system
• Preparation of various supporting schedules to the financial statements to facilitate annual audit and assist in the fieldwork process.
• Preparations of year end accruals and monthly reconciliation of the accruals and make journals where necessary
• Preparation of the payroll journal and monthly reconciliation of the payroll control code
• Preparation and prompt settlement of statutory and other payroll deductions i.e. PAYE, NSSF, NHIF, Withholding tax, HELB, Co-operative contributions, Pension etc.
• Tracks donor audit schedules and requirements, collaboratively with internal and external auditors providing all required information to support audit processes and respond to audit queries and recommendations.
• Train staff on donor rules and regulations, compliance, standard operating procedures and Internal policies.
• Research on donor rules and regulations and advise staff and senior leadership team on compliance and risk management.
• Keep up to date with Kenyan law and regulations and proactively ensure seamless compliance across all office operations and donor projects
• Oversee timely visa processing, liaising with relevant government authorities and embassies.
• Oversee compliance with registration requirements with relevant bodies.
• Maintain organizational records related to corporate registration, charity compliance, government reporting, and other administrative matters.
• Ensure that all relevant paper trails/audit systems required for auditing are properly filed and readily accessed in coordination with the Finance team.
• Ensure positive relationships and engagement with Board of Governors.
• Ensure that all administrative support services including arrangement of appointments, meetings/workshops/trainings and other logistical services are in place.
• Ensure all travel bookings are made via recommended travel agencies/platforms and make necessary arrangements for staff/visitors’ accommodations.
• Responsible for the office lease, overseeing matters related to lease agreements, the physical office space, repairs, and office security and liaising with the Landlord on any relevant issues.
• In collaboration with the IT, manage the IT requirements for the office and ensure staff are fully equipped with proper and recommended IT hardware and software.
• Overseeing maintenance and update all fixed assets in the office.
• Line management of the support staff (i.e., Catering staff, Housekeeper and Conduct
• Performance appraisals for the same.
• Any other reasonable and relevant area of work, depending on the emerging needs of the organisation.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Relevant third level qualification
• Post-graduate qualification in relevant field a plus.
• At least 4 years’ practical experience in a similar role within the NGO Sector and reporting for USAID and FCDO funded programs
• Understanding and experience of administration, procurement, finance and logistics systems.
• Excellent coordination and communication skills.
• Strong computer skills, especially with MS Word, Excel and related packages.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Skilled in data and knowledge management and the use of systems
• Fluency in written and spoken English.
• Shows drive, initiative, courage, integrity and accountability.
• Possesses an unwavering sense of integrity.
• Committed to continuing personal and professional development and to supporting the professional development of colleagues.
• Builds strong relationships and works effectively on a team, cross-organizationally and with external stakeholders.
• Manages time and resources efficiently.
• Able to take decisions and take actions independently.
• Possesses a high level of attention to detail.
• Shows flexibility, adapts easily to change.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.