Senior Finance Officer
Jobs at:Elizabeth Glaser
Deadline of this Job:
20 June 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, June 09, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Senior Finance Officer
To establish and maintain accounting and management procedures for EGPAF, ensure compliance with all regulatory (donor, statutory & regulatory) and to develop capacity in the Nairobi & sub-offices to carry out an exemplary accounting functions. Also, strive to ensure efficient and accountable use of donor funds across the Kenya program.
No two days are alike at EGPAF, but what can you expect as a Title?
Support Month and End-year process
• Conduct weekly quick book reviews and provide feedback to the senior finance manager.
• Ensure daily posting in QuickBooks by all the finance officers.
• Ensure all end of the month accounting reports are submitted to HQ on time.
• Ensure all the finance officers submit complete, accurate and timely month end closing reports on time.
• Follow up and documentation on identified monthly compliance issues from HQ and between Nairobi & Sub-Offices.
• Ensure all the monthly support documents (|PVs) are properly accounted for and uploaded for HQ review.
Managing the accounts payables/Receivables
• Manages the accounts payable by ensuring suppliers are paid within the agreed time and monthly reconciliation of supplier statements. Allocate all the invoices with fairness to the finance officers.
• Review low value transactions equal to or less than Kes 200,000 or USD 2000.
• Ensure invoices are correctly received in GPS before the payment processing.
• Manages staff advances issuance, liquidation and ageing in line with the foundation policies and procedures.
• Ensure that all soft copy vouchers are duly authorized before payment and filing.
• Ensure all foundation finance vouchers are scanned and filed in finance server and appropriately attached in quick books.
• Responsible for ensuring that all the EGPAF –K identified monthly compliance issues regarding payables from HQ and between Nairobi & Sub-Offices are addressed in a timely manner.
• Maintain the prepayment schedule and ensure timely monthly amortization.
• Coordinate preparation of bank reconciliations and conduct preliminary review.
• Coordinate the monthly project costed work plans within the stipulated timelines.
• A member of the budget monitoring team. Represent senior financial analyst as requested to plan and lead a pipeline review meeting.
• To support reconciliation of commitments.
Audit & Compliance Review Support
• Support EGPAF’s annual internal audit and Compliance Review functions by coordinating retrieval of sampled support documents.
• Support and coordinate retrieval of documents during donor financial reviews.
Staff Management & Supervision
• Conduct performance appraisals for finance officers/accountant and ensure relevant and up to date job descriptions at all times.
• Promote learning and development amongst finance officers through on-job trainings, mutually agreed upon professional development courses/tuition and coaching and generally motivate staff to improve performance.
• Ensure equity and fairness in Job allocations.
• Provide timely feedback.
• Have one on one meetings with supervisees.
• Instill accountability culture among the team.
• Rotational duties with payroll officer to prepare staff payroll and subsequent processing of statutory duties and FOPA.
• Review HRH payroll and ensure processing of statutory deductions.
• Disseminate trainings to the program teams on financial procedures.
• Coordinate orientation of new staff- on financial procedures and workflows.
• Weekly update to the finance manager on SharePoint performance Dashboard outliers. Provide explanation and action plan during Friday departmental performance review (POP meetings) on behalf of the finance officers.
• Maintain signatory tracker.
• Reconciliations, reports and other special assignments.
• Any other work related duties as may be assigned.
Education & Experience
To be successful, you will have:
• Bachelor’s degree in related field.
• CPA K or equivalent.
• A wide understanding and experience working with USG funded projects.
• Minimum five years working in donor funded project accounting (preferably USG funded).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Excellent communication skills.
• IT Savvy, including accounting soft wares and proficiency in MS Office.
• Well-developed interpersonal skills and experience developing staff by assessing development needs, coaching and delivering training.
• Cross-cultural competence as demonstrated by confidence and ability to make relevant presentations to diverse audiences.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.