Senior Finance Officer
Jobs at:International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF)
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, May 09 2023
Date Posted:Tuesday, May 09 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
1. Prepare budgets and identify and evaluate any unreconciled differences and ensure corrections are made, in agreement with the finance hub. Collaborate with the Head of corporate services and ensure delivery in a timely and accurate manner, the secretariat budgets & forecasts.
2. Organise systems/ processes in collaboration with the finance hub, to ensure timely and accurate maintenance of master data elements relating to the secretariat office on Netsuite. This includes data relating to suppliers, partners, employees, donors, chart of accounts, etc., in accordance with global policies and frameworks.
3. Organise and supervise timely and accurate posting, in alignment with the global finance manual, of:
4. Invoices/ Bills/ Payment Demands Including Payroll, Suppliers, Expenses and Statutory Payments.
5. Per Diem (Cash Payments) Requests and Settlement of Travel And Workshop Advances.
6. All Inflows Including Donations, Grants, Intercompany Receipts, Advance Returns, Etc.
7. Completion Of Time Sheets in collaboration with the Office Admin/ Hr Staff.
8. Journals Relating to Advance Adjustments, Outstanding Reconciliation Items, Payroll Posting,
9. Quarterly Payment Requests ensuring accurate and timely payment to secretariat office.
10. Oversee and collaborate with the team in the finance hub to make all payments within the due date.
11. Collaborate with the HR and project teams to ensure timely and accurate processing and posting of payroll amounts.
12. Responsible for the accounting and management of all fixed assets.
13. Organise and oversee alignment of financial activities to ensure month end closure timelines are fully met.
14. Oversee up to date record keeping; and support the planning and logistics for the ARO staff;
15. Ensure strong compliance framework exists including support to ensure maintenance of the risk register.
16. Oversee maintenance of relationships with bankers, local auditors, statutory bodies, local vendors, and others.
17. Oversee and where required liaise with local suppliers and staff on any payment and reconciliation issues.
18. Organise/ supervise timely generation of reports and responses to queries raised by the internal and/ or external auditors.
19. Supervise generation of periodic financial reports, including budget vs actual, cash flow and other adhoc reports for the senior management.
20. Oversee and organise, in collaboration with the Head of Corporate Services, all local office legal and financial compliance requirements.
21. Support the IPPFAR colleagues with any netsuite and grant accounting issues.
22. Remain abreast of the latest financial and compliance requirements and best practices.
23. Adhere to the safeguarding reporting and monitoring requirements of this role.
24. Support and enable a safe environment, adhering to the safeguarding reporting and monitoring requirements of this role.
1. Professional qualification in Accounting/Finance (ACCA, CPA, or equivalent)
2. Strong knowledge and understanding of NetSuite One World solution and used to working with various currencies.
3. Excellent use of Microsoft office suite of applications including excel, word and power point.
4. Experience of working with global systems & processes – dealing with multiple currencies.
5. Experience of working internationally, ideally in a not for profit & often challenging environment;
6. Experience in audit and financial control systems. A track-record in SRHR programming is an advantage.
7. Excellent interpersonal skills - articulate and diplomatic. Ability to interact with diverse groups;
8. Excellent written communication skills;
9. Strong analytical skills and the ability to summarise and simplify complex information;
10. Strong influencing skills;
11. Awareness of and sensitivity to the multi-cultural environment in which IPPFAR operates;
12. Willing to travel internationally – about 45 days a year;
13. Subscribe to IPPF’s Policies, Mission, Vision, and values and IPPFAR’s, Procedures, rules and regulations and ability to maintain high level of confidentiality;
14. Focus on continuous improved results/performance and sound judgement.
15. Fluency in English (both oral and written) is required, and knowledge of French is desirable.
16. Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding in a local and international context.
17. Demonstrates ability and willingness to work in a diverse, multicultural, multilingual and intergenerational
Education Requirement:No Requirements
Job Experience:No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested individuals should submit an application form in the IPPFARO CV form and a 1-page cover letter to: email@example.com with the job position you are applying for as the subject of the email by 9 May 2023. Please note that IPPFAR will not consider applications that are not done in the requested format.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.