Senior Grants and Contracts Analyst
Jobs at:TechnoServe Kenya
Deadline of this Job:
09 September 2022
Date Posted: Friday, August 26, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Senior Grants and Contracts Analyst
TechnoServe is currently seeking a qualified candidate for the Senior Grants and Contracts Analyst position to support TechnoServe’s coffee program in East Africa. The Senior Grants and Contracts Analyst will report to the East Africa Regional Grants and Contracts Manager and will work closely with the coffee backstopping team supporting projects in several countries in East Africa across a variety of donors. The position presents a unique opportunity for the candidate to deepen her/his/their professional skills in donor portfolio administration in areas ranging from procurement, project management, agreement negotiation, and financial management.
The Award team partners with our program teams by supporting and managing donor awards, procurements, and subawards. In addition, the team provides advice, best practices, and training on other donor compliance issues, from initial grant award through award close-out. The Senior Grants and Contracts Analyst plays a critical function in grant management, supporting and working closely with country programs in all aspects of grant and subgrant administration.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
• Provide expertise in interpreting institutional policies and donor requirements during the pre-award phase.
• Review and analyze pre-award due diligence documentation to assess institutional capacity and internal controls of subrecipients/subgrantees; advise project team in establishing appropriate risk mitigation measures to include in subawards.
• Assist with completing due diligence requests from donors.
• Review newly awarded contracts, grants, and cooperative agreements to ensure terms and conditions are accurate and executable.
• Develop and/or review subawards following prime agreements and their respective flow-down provisions.
• Facilitate new award kickoffs calls and award closeouts to ensure audit readiness
• Prepare or review requests for donor approvals and modifications such as no-cost extensions, changes in key personnel, changes in the scope of work and program add-ons, and budget realignments.
• Identify issues related to compliance that may arise during award implementation and propose solutions.
• Under the guidance of the East Africa Regional Grants and Contracts Manager, build field staff capacity through training to ensure staff understands and adheres to award and procurement requirements according to relevant policies and procedures.
• Monitor award closeout process and assist program/country staff in collecting necessary closeout documents following TechnoServe and donor regulations. Develop donor-specific close plans for use by country staff.
• Work closely with Finance and Operation colleagues to research issues and ensure task completion
• Develop and maintain donor fact sheets identifying major compliance issues; stay current in donor regulations and regularly share with project staff.
• Maintain proper records of official contract documents, including awards, budgets, subawards, donor approvals, and other related documents.
• Bachelor’s degree with at a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience, or a Master’s degree with at least 1 year of experience in contracts and grants management.
• Extensive knowledge of USG acquisition and assistance administrative regulations (CFR and FAR) required including experience with USAID/USDA
• Experience in international development including working with foundations, corporations, and other multi- and bilateral donors
• Working knowledge of accounting practices and financial systems desired
• French speakers will have an advantage.
• Will be required to travel 25- 30 % of the time
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong organizational skills, ability to adapt to changing priorities, and thrive in a dynamic multi-country team environment
• Independent judgment and strong decision-making skills
• Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and organized
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.