Senior Internal Auditor, Job Grade – KMC 5
Jobs at:Kenya Meat Commission
Deadline of this Job:
21 April 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reporting to Manager, Internal Auditor, the successful candidate is responsible for providing independent assurance on the effectiveness of the Commission’s internal control systems, risk assurance framework and the governance structure.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Implementing policies, procedures, frameworks, strategies, plans, legislations, standards and regulations and audit;
• Implementing fraud investigation and anti-corruption guidelines;
• Conducting risk-based, value-for-money and systems audits in the Commission.
• Carrying out audit inspections of Commission’s records;
• Provide assurance on the state of Risk management, control and governance within the commission
• Review budgetary performance, financial management, transparency and accountability mechanisms and processes in the commission.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls on financial and non-financial performance management systems within the commission.
• Preparing documents and taking minutes of the risk and audit committee of the Commission;
• Carrying out investigations when there are indicators of fraudulent practices within the Commission;
• Carrying out audit follow-ups on implementation of recommendations of audit reports; and
• Analyzing data and compiling audit reports.
The ideal candidate must possess the following:
• Served in the grade of Internal Auditor for a minimum period four (4) years or in a comparable and relevant position;
• Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Statistics, Economics or any other relevant qualification from a recognized institution;
• Be in possession of any of the following professional Qualification: Certified Public Accountants (CPA-K), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Association of Certified Chartered Accountant (ACCA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certificate in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC), Certification in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA) or its equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution;
• Membership to relevant professional body in good standing;
• Proficiency in computer application skills;
• Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the constitution;
• Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results; and
• Experience in a manufacturing set up and ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) is an added advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
The envelope should be marked “CONFIDENTIAL” and indicate the REFERENCE NUMBER of the position applied for and be addressed to.
The Managing Commissioner
Kenya Meat Commission
P.O Box 2-00204
Online applications should be sent to: email@example.com
All applications (Hard/ soft) must be received by close of business 21 April 2023.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.