Senior Internal Auditor
Jobs at:Equity Bank Kenya
Deadline of this Job:
Saturday, July 15 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 05 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Plan and execute operational audits to assess the effectiveness of internal controls and identify process inefficiencies.
• Identify and evaluate risks associated with key business processes, systems, and controls. Assess the adequacy of the control environment, including design and operating effectiveness of controls. Provide recommendations for control enhancements and risk mitigation strategies, with focus on leveraging technology and IT solutions to strengthen controls.
• Apply data analytics techniques to identify trends, anomalies, and patterns within large datasets. Develop and execute data-driven audit tests to assess the accuracy, completeness, and validity of financial and operational data. Utilize tools such as data visualization and statistical analysis to present audit findings effectively.
• Collaborate with various stakeholders including business units, senior management, and IT teams in identifying constructive and value-added solutions to address issues identified. Recommend operational improvements which ensure that proper controls are exercised over all aspects of the business. Maintain strong working relationships to foster cooperation, support, and knowledge exchange.
• Prepare concise and well-structured audit reports that highlight findings, risks, and recommendations in a clear and actionable manner. Present audit results to senior management and other stakeholders. Communicate effectively with audit clients, providing guidance on control improvements and addressing any concerns or questions.
• Follow up of audit issues with management and report the status of remediation monthly.
• Stay abreast of emerging audit practices, industry trends, and regulatory changes. Identify opportunities to enhance audit methodologies, data analytics techniques, and the utilization of IT in the control environment.
• Auditing experience of not less than 6 years in either a big 4 audit firm or a financial institution;
• Working knowledge of computer assisted audit techniques (CAATs) and Teammate audit software;
• Knowledge of auditing core banking systems, Enterprise Resource Planning systems and digital business processes.
• In-depth knowledge of IFRSs, IIA Standards and regional banking industry regulatory framework.
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships and influence stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education:
Job application procedure
• Interested and qualified? Go to Equity Bank Kenya on equitybank.taleo.net to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.