Senior Internal Auditor
Jobs at:Jubilee Insurance
Deadline of this Job:
29 January 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Ref. No. JHIL059
The role holder will be responsible for conducting risk assessment, internal controls assessment, and business process reviews and provide assurance over controls environment within the organization.
• Promote a risk management and a compliance culture within the organization through effective stakeholder engagement and support in addressing audit exceptions.
• Provide input during risk assessments and preparation of the Internal Audit Plan.
• Review and prepare risk responsive audit programs for use in the auditing process.
• Perform audit assignments from planning, fieldwork, and reporting for assigned audit projects.
• Issue value adding recommendations / systemic fixes to address identified audit exceptions.
• Ensure audit assignments are undertaken as per the Internal Auditing Standards and within the agreed timelines.
• Preparations of audit working papers to support all audit work done and exceptions raised.
• Perform first level peer review of team reports for quality before submission to management.
• Follow up on implementation of audit recommendations and onward reporting of closure status.
• Carry out regional Audit assignments when called upon by management or the Group Head of Internal Audit
• Participate in the implementation of business Process Improvement and Data analysis for projects within the company.
• Audit Preparation, Planning and Coordination
• Internal Controls Assessment and testing.
• Risk Assessments and Audit Report Writing.
• Financial and Forensic Investigations
• Ability to perform value for money reviews
• Market Awareness
• Customer Focus
• Continuous Innovation
• Ownership & Commitment
• Team Spirit
• Bachelor of Commerce, Economics, Statistics, Actuarial, Information Technology or any other related degree from a recognized university.
• CPA (K) qualification and or Qualifications in Statistics, Data Science or Equivalent
• CISA qualifications or its equivalent.
• Good Knowledge of the Insurance Industry
• Proficiency with CAAT tools like IDEA
• Minimum of five (5) years’ relevant experience within Internal Audit, preferably within the Insurance Industry
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you are qualified and seeking an exciting new challenge, please apply via Recruitment@jubileekenya.com quoting the Job Reference Number and Position by 29th January 2023
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.