Senior Internal Auditor
Jobs at:Karatina University
Deadline of this Job:
01 November 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 11, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reference Number :KarU/HR/SIA/2022
• Participate in the development, implementation and maintenance of internal audit plan and system of internal controls to help provide assurance that applicable laws, regulations, and University policies and procedures are complied with;
• Participate in the preparation of annual departmental work plans adopting a risk based approach to ensure that work done is accomplished within the required time;
• Review and present audit reports to the Chief Internal Auditor to ensure transparency in the operations of different departments and directorates within the university; and
• Conduct staff appraisal to provide feedback to staff in the department on their work and also to identify staff for recommendation for promotion.
• Conduct systems audits in order to provide reasonable assurance that key operating systems are functioning effectively and that strategic/ operational objectives are consistently met in an efficient and cost effective manner;
• Conduct risk based audits to provide reasonable assurance that Risk Management processes and structures put in place by management function effectively;
• Participate in formulation and implementation of internal audit policies and operations to ensure conformance to quality standards;
• Identify and critically evaluate elements of governance and risk management and participate in designing appropriate risk management and mitigation strategies and procedures for implementation;
• Report to the audit committee of council on risk based audits conducted in every quarter of the financial year;
• Provide consulting services to various departments in order to develop appropriate risk management, control and governance processes to enhance level of assurance to management;
• Carry out value for money audits and information systems audit to ensure internal controls are followed and accountability of work done;
• Examine financial transactions for accuracy and compliance with institutional policies and applicable laws and regulations;
• Identify, assess and evaluate the risk management of the University to ensure that risks are properly identified and there are measures in place to mitigate the risk;
• Examine the Information Systems and Database management and assessing its adequacy in terms of data integrity and security; and
• Undertake spot checks and cash surveys in cash collection points and at the casual works areas of operation to ensure effective and efficient utilization of university resources.
• Control institution expenditure by carrying out pre-audit of payments to ensure
• they are in line with the university regulations
• Provide input to the Internal Audit Department budget
• Any other duty assigned by a senior officer
• Carry out other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by a senior officer
Job Requirements for Appointment
• Master’s degree in finance or accounting field from a recognized institution CPA (K)
• At least seven (7) years relevant work experience, three (3) of which must have been in a senior audit position
• Membership registration with (ICPAK) or any other relevant professional body
• Knowledge of Information Communication Technology
• CISA qualification is an added advantage
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Terms And Conditions Of Service
• The successful candidates will be offered a competitive remuneration package in accordance with the existing Terms and Conditions of Service.
Mode Of Application
• Applicants must submit two (2) copies of applications giving details of their educational and professional qualifications, age, detailed work experience, present post and salary,
• applicant’s telephone number and e-mail address. Enclose certified copies of certificates and testimonials and giving names and addresses of three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about the applicant’s competence and area of specialization, accompanied with detailed Curriculum Vitae and a copy of the most recent pay slip.
• In addition, applicants should request their referees to write directly to the undersigned, in separate sealed envelopes. Interested applicants should send the applications to the address below, quoting the relevant reference number, so as to be received on or before Tuesday 1st November, 2022.
• The Vice Chancellor
• Karatina University
• P.O. Box 1957- 10101
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.