Vacancy title: Senior Internal Auditor[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Agriculture, Food, and Natural Resources , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at: Kenya Meat Commission
Deadline of this Job:
28 July 2022
Date Posted: Monday, July 11, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Implementing policies, procedures, frameworks, strategies, plans, legislations, standards and regulations and audit;
• Implementing fraud investigation and anti-corruption guidelines;
• Conducting risk-based, value-for-money and systems audits in the Commission;
• Carrying out audit inspections of Commission’s records;
• Preparing documents and taking minutes of the risk and audit committee of the Commission;
• Carrying out investigations when there are indicators of fraudulent practices within the Commission;
• Carrying out audit follow-ups on implementation of recommendations of audit reports;
• Analyzing data and compiling audit reports.
The ideal candidate must possess the following:
• Served in the grade of Internal Auditor for a minimum period four (4) years or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service;
• Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Statistics, Economics or any other relevant qualification from a recognized institution;
• Be in possession of any of the following: Certified Public Accountants (CPA-K), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Association of Certified Chartered Accountant (ACCA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certificate in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC), Certification in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA) or its equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution;
• Membership to Institute of Certified Public Accountants Kenya (ICPAK), Institute of Internal Auditors, Kenya (IIA) or relevant professional body in good standing;
• Proficiency in computer application skills;
• Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the constitution; and
• Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
All applicants should have certificates of good conduct, compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority, registered Credit Reference Bureau and Higher Education Loans Board.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications enclosing detailed curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates, testimonials and names and addresses of three referees and indicating their current and expected salary so as to reach the undersigned not later than 28 July 2022. The envelope should be marked “CONFIDENTIAL” and indicate the REFERENCE
NUMBER of the position applied for and be addressed to:
Kenya Meat Commission
P.O. Box 2 - 00204
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.