Senior Laboratory Specialist
Jobs at:Association of Public Health Laboratories
Deadline of this Job:
08 January 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, December 16, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
APHL is seeking a Senior Laboratory Specialist with a background in laboratory sciences experience in molecular diagnostic testing (specifically real time RTPCR) and public health to support Kenya's public health laboratory system. The scope may include private laboratories and other health facilities that may be engaged in diagnostic molecular testing. The scope of work will primarily focus on supporting GHSA activities with an emphasis on strengthening the public health laboratory network. This individual will liaise with CDC, MOH/National Public Health Laboratories (NPHL). county laboratory coordinators and other collaborating partners in Kenya and implement agreed upon strategies to enhance the public health laboratory network and improve overall surveillance systems. The candidate will serve as a full-time APHL staff member for the first CoAg year, contracted thru September 29, 2021: contract renewal subject to funding availability, scope of work and individual's performance. APHL Headquarters is located in Silver Spring, Maryland and this is an in-country position located in Kenya. This position requires traveling within Kenya for work and must follow COVID-19 travel and safety guidelines provided by both Kenya and APHL .
Job Responsibilities: Not Specified
Job Skills: Not Specified
Minimum Qualifications required:
• Advanced degree in medical laboratory technology.
• A graduate degree in medical laboratory science is preferred. Six years plus experience in clinical diagnostic testing or research labs including two years supervisory experience in a clinical diagnostic laboratory
• Candidate must be registered with Kenya Medical Laboratory Technician and Technologist Board (KMLTTB).
• Demonstrated interest in and an appreciation for quality laboratory service and strong OMS knowledge, skills and experience.
• Knowledgeable of current developments in diagnosis of infectious diseases including molecular methods.
• Experience /knowledge strengthening laboratories to achieve international quality standards including ISO 15189 or in-country standards.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Complete scope of work, responsibilities, deadline for submission and other requirements can be accessed through this link: https://globalhealth-aphl.icims.com/jobs/1227/senior-laboratory-specialist/job
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.