Senior Manager, Business Operations & Finance, Africa Region
Jobs at:Bioversity International
Deadline of this Job:
18 January 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, January 05, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Lead Finance and Business Operations framework, and it’s implementation in the Region, providing support and oversight of day-to-day activities in al the offices.
• Oversee the development and delivery of efficient, service-oriented, and cost-effective business operations in procurement, facilities, administrative and security services for the offices located in the Region.
• Implement and effective operation framework of internal financial controls in the Region to mitigate organizational risk and ensure that internal and external audit requirements are satisfied, together with full compliance with local laws.
• Partner and engage with the Regional Managing Director to secure timely program delivery and accurate implementation of guidelines, processes, procedures, and policies mandated by the global finance and operations functional units.
• Secure the required structure in place to provide high-level quality business operations and finance services in all the Region offices, expand capabilities, promote innovation, collaboration, and knowledge sharing.
• Build strong engagement with Research and Global support functions to seek synergies and processes to deliver high-quality business operations and financial services.
• Advise, provide insights and guide Country Representative and Country Finance and Administration staff in all areas of Business Operation and Finance
• Establish a strong relationship with other external stakeholders, like hosted entities and other Centers, securing the necessary support services for them.
• Set the necessary work plan to secure a joint effort with other units to ensure compliance with national and international laws, specifically in all matters related to local taxes and financial requirements according to our license to operate in different countries.
• Establish quality and service delivery metrics to evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of the Business Operations and Finance services provided in the Region, anticipate & propose corrective actions to increase the level of satisfaction from the Research levers/Units.
• Identify improvement opportunities and propose corrective actions, aligned with current guidelines from the Global Finance and Operations functional Units and propose cross-cutting actions with other Regions to collaborate in standardizing services in the organization
• Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in business administration, finance, economics, accounting or related fields, with CPA/ACA preferred.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in the English language, with the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
• French language proficiency is an added advantage
• A demonstrated track record of substantial experience leading a Finance and/or Operations, with extensive evidence of overseeing financial management and operations in a range of large, multicultural, and geographically dispersed global organizations.
• Attention to detail and ability to provide complex technical information whilst creating a narrative that allows an understanding by a non-specialist audience.
• A robust understanding of the non-for-profit sector, financial funder requirements, and the political and economic environment, alongside the demonstrated ability to navigate it strategically –experience in a scientific research organization.
• Experience working across countries with a multicultural setting, inside the Region, and with a close relationship with other colleagues based outside the region.
• Proven ability to integrate, inspire and develop multidisciplinary teams and manage talent, with a strong commitment to promoting diversity, knowledge sharing, and staff development.
• Understanding of change management, implementing change, and the knowledge and experience to successfully support people through change.
• Proven ability to coordinate and facilitate the implementation of a transformational strategy through collaboration with others.
• Uphold the highest ethical standards by inspiring trust and treating all people with respect and personal integrity.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.