Senior Manager, Credit Evaluation
Jobs at:Standard Bank Group
Deadline of this Job:
31 December 2022
Date Posted: Monday, December 19, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• To assist Business and Commercial Banking in their asset growth targets by providing effective value adding risk management, whilst maintaining a quality-lending book, through judicious and effective management thereof.
• The delivery of a professional service to the business units, by assessing and evaluating credit facilities (new and/or existing) based on sound credit & financial principles which supports the minimising of risk to the bank.
• Ensure the effective assessment of risk with respect to lending and related activities across all branches and suites.
Ensure the effective management of Credit Portfolio Allocated
• Evaluates whether Business and Commercial Banking proposals meet sound business criteria and credit risk falls within acceptable parameters, approve and recommends appropriate credit facilities including terms or conditions of facilities.
• Ensure accuracy and reliability of approvals within advised DA, or referrals to higher authority, on Business applications reviewed
• Add value to the credit approval process by guiding originators as appropriate to reduce reworks on applications to < 10%.
• Identify, quantify and evaluate credit risks in relation to profitability of business proposals and financial viability of Business banking credits.
• Manage adherence to the service level agreement that have been concluded.
• Builds relationship with Branch based business and suite-based Business and Commercial Banking Managers to improve quality of business proposals and turnaround time on credit evaluations.
• Detects and evaluate shifts or changes in key risk parameters and evaluate the implications of such changes on continued banking relationship.
• Actioning of the daily referral report and make decisions to pay or not based on the reason for excess and source of adjustment, the terms of sanction in existence and the risk to which the Bank is exposed.
• Issuing of sanction letters, clearly stating the conditions and requirements of the lending.
• Actively hind sighting lending decisions to ensure that correct procedure are being followed in the approval of facilities, which will prevent new NPL’s.
• Monitor watch lists process to ensure that irregular accounts are identified early and accounts identified as high risk are being managed effectively in terms of agreed action plans.
• Review of relevant internal & external communications, such as circulars, economic reviews on industries, & financial or industry publications to ensure that any development, new requirements or external risks are properly taken cognizance of in lending decisions or conditions of lending.
• Carry out other functions that could be assigned on daily basis in addition to present roles.
• Liaising with Legal department on credit related issues.
Complete effective financial analysis of counter party credit risks
• Undertake quantitative and qualitative financial analysis to develop a comprehensive understanding of counter party risks for new or increased facilities.
• Maintain a high-quality lending book by timeous, sound and pragmatic recommendations and decisions in managing accounts within portfolio.
Effective Management and completion of all other required administration
• Daily management, escalation and control of portfolio irregularities.
• Participate in projects as delegated from time to time.
• Management of excesses on portfolio.
Keep abreast of industry specific knowledge and key developments
• Participate in and remain abreast of market developments.
• Stay attuned to industry and market risk developments and trends in relation to counterparty exposures and their impact on the underlying portfolios.
Ensure efficient and effective stakeholder engagement
• Proactively develop and manage relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
• Work closely with front office to secure deals by providing the appropriate structuring advice at the appropriate DA (Delegated Authority) level.
• Undergraduate Degree in Commerce
• Masters Degree in Commerce
• 5 to 7 years experience in Personal and Business Banking with thorough conceptual and practical knowledge of credit procedures, policies and standards, as well as a thorough understanding of products and facilities that give rise to counterparty credit risk. Understanding of Basel and broader regulatory and compliance. Good understanding of vanilla lending and derivative products and facilities that give rise to counterparty credit risks, including the documentation required/presented to manage that risk. Sound Knowledge of available products including competitor products and industry trends
• 3 to 4 years experience in Risk Management with well developed knowledge of financial markets, global economy and appropriate regional geographies in which portfolio operates.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.