Senior Manager, Finance & Accounts – 1 Post
Jobs at:Kenya Power Pension Fund (KPPF)
Deadline of this Job:
04 October 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, September 15, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Coordinating development, review and implementation of policies, rules, regulations,and corporate strategies for prudent financial management system;
• Ensuring proper implementation of the annual budget according to RBA regulations.
• Advising the Fund on all financial and accounting matters;
• Overseeing the preparation and submission of statutory returns;
• Overseeing the preparation of Board papers on financial matters;
• Checking and approving expenditure and payments and signing bank instructions/cheques;
• Presenting financial reports to the Fund and advice on financial implications and consequences.
• Ensuring compliancewith relevant laws, regulations, and procedures in management of financial resources;
• Reviewing and ensuring timely submission of annual report and financial statements;
• Ensuring safe custody of the Fund’s accounts and records;
• Ensuring the maintenance of proper books of accounts;
• Ensuring the Fund’s liquidity position is appropriate and liaise with the investments teamfor release of allocated funds;
• Addressing financial and accounts issues raised in the audit reports;
• Ensuring review of audit queries and implementation of corrective actions; developing and implementing effective processes in the finance unit to ensure seamless flow of service delivery;
• Overseeing timely preparation of monthly bank reconciliations;
• Developing short term, medium- and long-term revenue and expenditure framework;
• Controlling the Fund’s Finances to ensure that they are utilized in a lawful and efficient manner;
• Planning and determining cash flow needs, forecast and establish cash flow trends of the Fund;
• Preparing the annual budget execution reports, quarterly financial statements for programme and operational budgets.
• Ensuring preparation of Fund and management financial reports;
• Ensuring the provision of adequate financial resources for the Fund’s programme and activities; and
• Ensuring maintenance of financial and accounting standards.
For appointment to this grade, the candidate must have: -
• Served nine (9) cumulative years in a relevant or comparable position in a reputable organization with at least three (3) years in a management position.
• Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Commerce, Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or equivalent qualifications from a recognized university;
• Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Commerce (Accounting/Finance Option), Business Administration or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA)K by Kenya Accounts and Secretaries Examination Board (KASNEB), ACCA, or equivalent qualification from a Professional accounting institution;
• Be a member of Institute of Certified Public Accountants Kenya (ICPAK) of good standing;
• Proficiency in computer application skills; and
• Demonstrated professional competence and administrative capability as reflected in work performance and results.
In addition, the candidate should demonstrate the following personal traits and competencies;
• Strong leadership and skills to foster teamwork; develop and motivate staff, resolve conflicts as well as ability to provide direction, guidance, momentum, and vision to achieve organizational objectives.
• Demonstrated business acumen - able to create strategy and actions that impact business success.
• High-level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills, including ability to build consensus,
• alliances and collaborative relationships with sensitivity to diversity
• Ability to be forward thinking and use technology and other modern tools to drive decision making and implementation.
• Strategic thinking a decision making-ability to consider emerging trends/developments and long-term opportunities for the Fund
• Effective stewardship to serve and safeguard members’ assets
• Independence of thought and objectivity
• Professionalism and integrity
• Efficiency and drive for results
• High-level oral and written communication skills
• Critical & analytical thinking and problem solving skills
• Project management skills
• Good customer relationship management skills (internal and external customers)
• Risk awareness and focus - demonstrates understanding of risk management practices, standards, and regulatory requirements.
• Ability to lead, influence and drive change initiatives in support of business strategies.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested and qualified candidates are advised to visit the Fund’s website for detailed job descriptions for the roles at www.kppf.co.ke/careers/ . Applications should be submitted
• through email to: https://e-recruitment.kppf.co.ke to be received not later than Tuesday 4th,October 2022.
• Please attach your Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates and other relevant testimonials indicating your current and expected gross pay, your telephone numbers, email address, names and addresses of three (3) professional referees.
• Successful applicants will be required to undergo integrity and security background vetting.
• Canvassing will lead to disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• KPPF is an equal opportunity employer
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.